Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Where can i find new fuel lines for a NBS Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i find new fuel lines for a NBS Tahoe?

long story short, when we did the 6.0 swap in my tahoe the fuel lines got all turned around and now are coming up the side of the motor instead of from behind..this in turn made the flexible part by the fuel rail sort of kink...so i get a stumble at idle because of it...

where can i find some new fuel line to run up so i can fix it?

Also, i know the lines are pretty high pressure, but could i cut them and splice them back together with some HP rubber hose and clamps? i have the hoses from the new motor that go into the fuel rail with about a foot of metal line on them..could i just splice them into my existing fuel lines once i straightened them out?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not recommend cutting, patching, splicing the fuel lines. Normal operating pressures exceed 60PSI. Burning your truck down for a $100 fuel line is not worth it. Do it right.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:08 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can pickup proper nylon fuel line repair components at NAPA, etc. They will have the nylon line, couplers and crimp style clamps if you just need to repair a small damaged section, replace an end coupler, etc.
http://fmsi.thomasnet-navigator.com/...ry/fuel-system?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya i dont really want to splice into them just because i know its pretty high pressure...

Is there a place i can get all new fuel lines though? because however i fucked them up swappin motors im going to need to rerun them up the firewall from underneath and i cant get the onces i have moved at all
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

when i did my swap i used brass compression fittings for my fuel lines, this was just temporarily until i can actually afford to pay the price for new lines at dealer. its worked so far so good.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RcrX
when i did my swap i used brass compression fittings for my fuel lines, this was just temporarily until i can actually afford to pay the price for new lines at dealer. its worked so far so good.
that would be doable for me, but id still need to find new lines from that point up the the motor...or else maybe if i cut them, i would be able to get them back into position where they need to be...

what do new lines from the dealer run?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump..

what other ways can i go about fixing the lines? can i get some braided line from jegs or something with some fittings?

how do those compression fittings work? basically just put the line into them and crank them down? I may try cutting them down under the car so they are seperate and then maybe I can get them coming back up over the back of the motor instead of the side..
Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use rubber fuel hose with a few clamps, to get by, just make sure you install the rubber hose over a barbed or flared end to help prevent it from slipping. I mean there's a risk of failure for anything, but if done right there's nothing that unsafe about it. As with any temp fix, watch it close tell it's repaired. Yes, 50-70 psi is high pressure compared to a carbed 5-12 psi.. Though calling it high pressure is kinda a joke..

The nylon line repairs can be impossible, they are very difficult sometimes without the proper equipment, and can just be a huge pain in the ***.

The compression fittings are cheap and work well, sometimes they'll loosen/contract and drip, and need to be re-tighten, just keep an eye on them. Just gotta attach them at a straight section of the line.

Your idea of using stainless fuel lines are more expensive, but will work great just make sure you're getting the proper fittings. Thread type etc.

Last edited by MustangPunk; 06-05-2010 at 05:23 PM.