Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Where to find Long tube's for a 2004 5.3L Z71 4x4???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
But Dynatech is plug and play. No cutting, welding and everything is there. No coating needed either
How do you figure that it's any different from the plug and play headers and Y from Pacesetter? Their 2wd headers and Y fit fine and I'd imagine the 4wd system will work just as well. Of course all of that goes out the window for me anyway since I have an SS with a different exhaust routing...

BTW, I'd take ceramic coated over stainless any day for better performance and lower underhood heat. Not to mention the price difference. Now if you're talking coated stainless, then there's your best bet for performance and longevity, but the price kinda goes through the roof!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
How do you figure that it's any different from the plug and play headers and Y from Pacesetter? Their 2wd headers and Y fit fine and I'd imagine the 4wd system will work just as well. Of course all of that goes out the window for me anyway since I have an SS with a different exhaust routing...

BTW, I'd take ceramic coated over stainless any day for better performance and lower underhood heat. Not to mention the price difference. Now if you're talking coated stainless, then there's your best bet for performance and longevity, but the price kinda goes through the roof!
Well, the Pacesetter headers have 2 options. You can get it and cut and paste with your cats or get a pipe that eliminates it and have to use sims and I am not too sure about the front O2 sensors. The Dynatech ones replace the entire thing from the head all the way to the start of the "cat back" system.

I did talk to several tuners who didn't care for the heat wraps or ceremic coats on headers. Heat wraps they said would hurt the headers and cause rust later on and while they did ceremic coat the other headers, they told me that ceremic coating on the Dynatech headers were totally unnecessary for most every application unless there is some real need for extreme performance that wouldn't have too much street applications.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Well, the Pacesetter headers have 2 options. You can get it and cut and paste with your cats or get a pipe that eliminates it and have to use sims and I am not too sure about the front O2 sensors. The Dynatech ones replace the entire thing from the head all the way to the start of the "cat back" system.

I did talk to several tuners who didn't care for the heat wraps or ceremic coats on headers. Heat wraps they said would hurt the headers and cause rust later on and while they did ceremic coat the other headers, they told me that ceremic coating on the Dynatech headers were totally unnecessary for most every application unless there is some real need for extreme performance that wouldn't have too much street applications.

Aklim, your from WI right? so you know where I'm coming from.
Anyone living in an area that gets snow, I would highly suggest getting either Stainless steel or Coated because if not, they are going to rust to hell real fast. Unless you don't drive in the Winters through all the salt.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zick
Aklim, your from WI right? so you know where I'm coming from.
Anyone living in an area that gets snow, I would highly suggest getting either Stainless steel or Coated because if not, they are going to rust to hell real fast. Unless you don't drive in the Winters through all the salt.
I drive on some roads but in winter I mostly drive on salt. What is this road in winter you seem to think exists? Dynatechs are SS so I am good.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

I drive on some roads but in winter I mostly drive on salt. What is this road in winter you seem to think exists? Dynatechs are SS so I am good.

I was just referring to your statement that said getting the headers coated is unneccessary. It may be a waste for someone living down south but not for us up here.

"Roads in winter"
Old 12-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe. I'll run a season with them and see how it is and then if they start to show rust I will strip them and coat them. Too late to do anything now. I need the truck and it is cold.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe. I'll run a season with them and see how it is and then if they start to show rust I will strip them and coat them. Too late to do anything now. I need the truck and it is cold.
I think you misunderstood me. SS and Coated are fine for winter areas. Its the non-SS uncoated ones that would be a problem with rust. So you should be fine.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zick
I think you misunderstood me. SS and Coated are fine for winter areas. Its the non-SS uncoated ones that would be a problem with rust. So you should be fine.
My bad.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:32 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

I have had a set of Hedman long tubes rust completely thru in 1 Winter.

peace
Hog
Old 12-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4wd pacesetters are available now. Im in the south and have dynatechs and jsut got them back from teh ceramic coaters. The advatages are obvious I got them used for a good price they are stainless so I never have to worry abotu rust and I got them cermaic coated to knock down some of the underhood heated and make em pretty since they were all discolored and had oil burnt all over them from a friend being a moron

Quick Reply: Where to find Long tube's for a 2004 5.3L Z71 4x4???