Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Whipple light flashing at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 04:57 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Whipple light flashing at WOT

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by L-EATER:
<strong> That Whipple light is useless IMO. After about 2 months of looking at it on my dash and regretting drilling a hole I went to the dealer and got another plate (I had it mounted in the blank plate next to the airbag switch. While I was in there I got another plate and took out the airbag switch too. Now that area of the dash is a lot cleaner looking and I don't have to look at that stupid Whipple light, My suggestion is to remove it and forget about it. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm, i disagree, it is bright and will MAY tell you to let off in a fuel shortage. i got rid of the whipple fuel injectors but left the computer, on mine it will pull boost and flash that light if it thinks it is lean. seems like a nice feature to have to me.

your going to have to be scaning when the light comes on to know if it is low o2 volts but i would bet that they are low and you are lean when it flashes. correct me if i am wrong but you would be more likely to be runing lean when it is cold out. my max maf reading when COLD was 52 lb/min and now that it has warmed up some the most i see is 49 lb/min. more air, more fuel needed, more likely to run lean.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Whipple light flashing at WOT

correct me if i am wrong but you would be more likely to be runing lean when it is cold out. my max maf reading when COLD was 52 lb/min and now that it has warmed up some the most i see is 49 lb/min. more air, more fuel needed, more likely to run lean. [/QB][/QUOTE]
You may be right..if i'm remembering correctly...the times this has happened have been on cooler mornings...in the 50's.But there have been cool and cold times this has not happened.
I dont beleive it has ever done it when temps are warmer...70 and up.So that may be it.