Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

whipple programmer info needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whipple programmer info needed

i recently bought a new whipple charger for my 2002 silverado 5.3 scsb and was wondering if the programmer is worth the $525.oo i can get it for? alone with no programming my whipple is running awfully slow in my opinoion. i dont have a laptop so ls1 edit is pretty much out of the picture plus i don know much about vehicle computers and programming.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: whipple programmer info needed

I can't comment on the Whipple Proflash programmer but I will recommend the Diablo Predator programmer with a custom tune for the whipple. I ordered one for my truck with a custom tune because I was tired of my truck falling on its face when shifting gears. I can tell you that mine during certain conditions would pull timing down to the (-) numbers, which is because of torque management. Now my truck will grab a mean second & tries to grab a third but my 3-4 clutches are not as new as they use to be. The reason I chose the predator over the whipple's programmer is it had more features & also allows me to have new programs written when I do big upgrades. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can do a dyno pull to see if there is any hp or tq improvement over the last dyno pull that I done.