Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Who has cage in their truck/pictures? Will bench seat workor is it1 peice

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has cage in their truck/pictures? Will bench seat workor is it1 peice

I dont think we will be able to get the bench seat back in the truck after it is done. Id like to to keep a stock look, but at this point, mounting the harness would be difficult, and i doubt it would work as effective with all that extra seat there. Might have to go with some lightweight race seats, although it wont look stock interior anymore, itll be a good bit lighter
Old 12-22-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have you already put the cage in yours? I have some ideas for a cage, but haven't acted on them yet. The way I picture it I think the stock seats would work, although some racing seats and harnesses would fit a lot better, and be a lot safer.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:30 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to put a cage in and keep it NHRA-legal w/o putting bars through the rear window?
Old 12-22-2004, 05:48 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
Is there a way to put a cage in and keep it NHRA-legal w/o putting bars through the rear window?
i dont think there is.

5 point is the min and i think is good to 10.0, 2 out the rear, 2 on the hoop and one past the drivers arm.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you had a slider (replaced with Lexan panels), that would be ideal, cause then you could put 1 bar out each side of the windows in the middle of some nice rubber grommets.

I'm thinking a nice roll bar with 2 pro stock style side bars that have pins in them so you can remove them if need be. I think if done right, and powder coated black or something, it would look pretty bad ***.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

If you re-upholster the racing seats you can maintain the illusion of stock and if done right it would look pimp.

Replacing the rear window with lexan and running it through the window would be the best way to run the rear bars.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone have a pic of this cage? or a link that would show it?
Old 12-24-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

The only way is to take the rear bars out back. NHRA dictated. Were going to do a swingout at least on the drivers side. I heard back from the owner of the truck he met someone that he talked to a guy that had 6 pt with stock seats in there
Old 12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by parish8
i dont think there is.

5 point is the min and i think is good to 10.0, 2 out the rear, 2 on the hoop and one past the drivers arm.

Even with an ext. cab truck?
Old 12-24-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

THe cage I'm talking about I saw on an L, and it looked really good. I think it would be easy to adapt to a truck like mine (rcsb). The only thing I would be worried about is the stepside bed throwing off the rear bars.

Quick Reply: Who has cage in their truck/pictures? Will bench seat workor is it1 peice