Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Who is running OBX headers Quality, fittment????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who is running OBX headers Quality, fittment????

In this never ending list of things to do, it seems that my good ole PS headers are getting close to the end of there road. After 4 years of the snow ice salt rain, they have faird well. I am looking at some Stainless OBX headers for a really good price, they seem to look very nice and a quality header... Whats the news on them

Thanks John
Old 09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive done alot of searches on them, people like them, there is one clearance issue with the stearing shaft, most people just dent the header slightly.
i know hirdlj(sp?) uses them and a few other guys
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really like mine a lot...the flanges are soo thick and thats the first thing everyone says about them...as far as fitment yours should be a breeze seeing ur a 2wd...as stated before i had some rubbage from the steering shaft...it was like a metal lock/clip if you will so i just broke off the excess and good to go...i also like how the collectors hook up to the y pipe setup...really nice headers, you'll be very happy with them...plus like u said...never have to worry bout them rotting out...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine fit gorgeous - all my friends go oooh and ahh at them since they look so pretty. The stainless turns a cool blue - red - goldish tint after driving awhile. I got the ones for a 5.3L so that I didn't have to worry about hooking up to my exaisting catback. The 6L headers are the same but they have true duals running off them which would have required me to make a whole new exhaust system and it wasn't wort the additional flow. I lost that clip a long time ago that people refer to on the steering column. I replaced my clip/nut with just a locking nut from the hardware store (and this was before doing the headers) so I guess I did a pre-mod without even knowing it There's plenty of clearance everywhere and I felt these were a much better header than the Pacesetters. Also the resonators (fake cats) do a nice job of smoothening out the exhaust note If you offer one of the dudes on ebay $435 he'll accept it. I paid only $485 shipped. That blows most of the sponsors out of the water on the pace setters even
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I have no issues with mine, not even with the front shaft. Still no rust just discolored, I think they look cool they turned a goldish color.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Mine fit gorgeous - all my friends go oooh and ahh at them since they look so pretty. The stainless turns a cool blue - red - goldish tint after driving awhile. I got the ones for a 5.3L so that I didn't have to worry about hooking up to my exaisting catback. The 6L headers are the same but they have true duals running off them which would have required me to make a whole new exhaust system and it wasn't wort the additional flow. I lost that clip a long time ago that people refer to on the steering column. I replaced my clip/nut with just a locking nut from the hardware store (and this was before doing the headers) so I guess I did a pre-mod without even knowing it There's plenty of clearance everywhere and I felt these were a much better header than the Pacesetters. Also the resonators (fake cats) do a nice job of smoothening out the exhaust note If you offer one of the dudes on ebay $435 he'll accept it. I paid only $485 shipped. That blows most of the sponsors out of the water on the pace setters even

Ya this is on ebay, I have found 2 sets, but the one set that states their for a 6.0 is only showing them as having a 2 1/2 in collectors, thats small imo.. The other set I am looking at says 3 inch collectors, which is what my PSers are. MAN I WISH YOU COULD REMBER WHO WILL ACCEPT 435...
I think this is the route I am going, I priced KOOKS lol to much for me..

Thanks guys

John
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Yeah, but what did you do about the Y pipe?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

John hold on a few minutes..... I'll dig up my paypal receipt and tell you who it is.........
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Yeah, but what did you do about the Y pipe?

I have my whole factory y pipe up in my rafters all in one piece. with the OBX's if you get the ones for a 4.8L or 5.3L, they come with an offroad Y and that will hook up to your existing catback perfectly :WOOT:
Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

John - Pmmy sent

Quick Reply: Who is running OBX headers Quality, fittment????