Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Who is running OBX headers Quality, fittment????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Charlie will get back to you. He's busy and in the process of training people to work with customers. I think he said novemeber., Anyways, he'll get back to you eventually.

Hirdle - Those headers look amazing. I especially like the fact that it uses flanges to connect to the Y. Why are those not more popular?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh i need to do something about my pacesetters too. they're rusting after 2 winters (soon to be a 3rd), especially bad on the under side of the collectors. the only bad thing about the OBX, in my opinion, is the one primary that goes up, then down, on the driver's side. i hate that look.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Charlie will get back to you. He's busy and in the process of training people to work with customers. I think he said novemeber., Anyways, he'll get back to you eventually.

Hirdle - Those headers look amazing. I especially like the fact that it uses flanges to connect to the Y. Why are those not more popular?
U got me....... For the same reason maybe that people install 228/232 camshafts in a 5.3L or run a walbro fuel pump on a 4.8L with a LS6 cam? Maybe people just don't know any better? They're a fantastic header and I have no intention of changing them out, not ever. Look how thick the flanges are that go up to the exhaust side of the head. I'm telling you, they are like a $1,000 set of headers. I'd highly recommend them
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KevinF56
ugh i need to do something about my pacesetters too. they're rusting after 2 winters (soon to be a 3rd), especially bad on the under side of the collectors. the only bad thing about the OBX, in my opinion, is the one primary that goes up, then down, on the driver's side. i hate that look.

It doesn't look bad actually, you can barely tell it's there especially with the 3 piece engine covers. As far as the plug wires that rub, 2 zip ties fix it perfectly and they're so small you can't even see them. 2 zip ties are a good sacrafice for the quality of these headers.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hussey pm sent
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
They're a fantastic header and I have no intention of changing them out, not ever. Look how thick the flanges are that go up to the exhaust side of the head. I'm telling you, they are like a $1,000 set of headers. I'd highly recommend them
def. everyone has something to say about the flanges...real attention getter with gear heads...for anyone that is on the fence with the idea of buying these...they are worth every penny...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
def. everyone has something to say about the flanges...real attention getter with gear heads...for anyone that is on the fence with the idea of buying these...they are worth every penny...
so they didn't rub your front drive shaft at all?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinF56
so they didn't rub your front drive shaft at all?
nope...close but didnt touch...i know truckmann(i think) has em on his 4wd and another guy as well...some ppl have had to dent the primary to ensure it didnt touch but i was all good...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

OBX info from way back when...
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=389553
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Has anyone seen these without air or egr in a lt version? Everytimei see them without air/egr they are shorties.

Quick Reply: Who is running OBX headers Quality, fittment????