Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Will injectors work???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Industry standard???

I do agree that the svo injectors are a great injector, and have used them in the past. That being said They are not the industry standard. The only thing ford is the industry standard in is how many different model's of their cars have been recalled do to catching fire! Also the svo injectors are flow matched for 42psi, not the ls1 56psi. Any time you exceed the recomended spec the efficiency of the product goes down, in injector cases that may mean spray pattern, volume, and duty cycle. Ask any one running a FMU on a boosted car how efficent the injectors are at max boost. With that being said that is way I went with the multitec injector.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just passing along what my local speed shop has relayed to me when I was shopping for injectors a while back. Many local racers use the SVO injectors because of the precision flow and reliability. Many on this site use them as well, but mostly I've only seen them on F-bodys. I was not aware of any of the SVO vehicles catching fire. Didn't know that there was a "recommended" spec for injectors, but did know that most are rated at 3 bar pressure, vice the 4 bar pressure of an LS1. I guess you learn something everyday.