Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

worked 862 casting heads....who has em'

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrt
I am all for the wcch, but.....for less money, I can have a lq4 long block to play with.
wcch was to rich for my blood, but it's hard to know how much better, if any, they are than TSP heads. I know for a fact TSP can do the LS6 full cnc porting, 5 angle valve job, and re-assembly for $650, not completely sure on 5.3 heads.

Honestly, looking back now, those trickflow heads "as cast" are a damn good deal from vengeance for like $16-1700.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by soulefood
hey guys, i originally posted the link to the car craft magazine article on page one of this thread on the heads and cam swap that talked about richard at west coast cylinder heads.... i called him them missed his call and my heads got sat on the back burner. now im curious how many of you have actually delt with him. i don't think a reptutable magazine like car craft would mention an "anything but great" cylinder head machinist in their magazine article however i never followed through with my heads after i read the article. i hear you guys talking about how great of work he does but whats his price for just a standard p&p? i thought i called and got an estimate for around 600 per head but i wasn't sure... i have bored out a stock 5.3l to 99 mm (stock ls1) and am using the stock rotating assy (stock ls1 pistons) and want to run an aftermarket cam/ls6 springs ect. but i really want to do the heads, does anyone know if you get mula back if you send him cores? sorry if i clogged the thread... thanks guys
You need to speak directly with him about core return Policy

I have personally delt with him and been to his shop. He Is a stand up person and an all around honest guy. His prices may seem High to some, and you may be able to go elsewere and save a few$$$. In the end though, You get what you pay for...

In the end my descion was bassed on the following facts;

1. He has a good reputation in the industry. And on this site.
2. He is local to me.
3. He physically works hands on with your stuff not like some of the other companys you call and speak with a sales person. Or they have to send your stuff out to get the work done then they assemble them in house or whatever the case maybe...
4. He can back up his claims with actual R&D Not Just Flow Numbers.
5. He Has years of experince
6. He always treated me with respect regardless of what I wanted to build Now or in the near future.
7. Always willing to Lend his expertise when disscusing putting a new package together so that I Don't go wasteing time or money with the wrong Headfor my goals or a cam that won't work with a particular head package I want to run...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soulefood
hey guys, i originally posted the link to the car craft magazine article on page one of this thread on the heads and cam swap that talked about richard at west coast cylinder heads.... i called him, then missed his call when he called back and then my heads sat on the back burner cause i didn't have time to call him back. now im curious how many of you have actually delt with him. i don't think a reptutable magazine like car craft would mention an "anything but great" cylinder head machinist in their magazine article however i never followed through with my heads after i read the article. i hear you guys talking about how great of work he does but whats his price for just a standard p&p? i thought i called and got an estimate for around 600 per head but i wasn't sure... i have bored out a stock 5.3l to 99 mm (stock ls1) and am using the stock rotating assy (stock ls1 pistons) and want to run an aftermarket cam/ls6 springs ect. but i really want to do the heads, does anyone know if you get mula back if you send him cores? sorry if i clogged the thread... thanks guys

Not sure which job this is refering to......... PM sent.

Richard
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to set something straight guys, i edited my post because when i first replied to this thread i mentioned giving richard a call and not hearing back so my heads got put on the back burner. what i meant was that i missed his return call and was so busy that i just didn't have time to do any head work and so i put my project on the back burner. i just wanted correct this as I have since talked to richard and every time i have talked to him it has been handled very professionally with the utmost respect towards whatever engine building path i chose.