Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

X-pipe vs. H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default X-pipe vs. H-pipe

I researched the net and this forum about this but mostly all I can find Mustang information. Well, give your opinion about which sounds better, gives better performance at which part of the rpm band, and anything else you can give. If you have sound clips between the two...post them up.

I've read where the X pipe gives you like 5hp over the H-pipe in the upper rpms but the H-pipe has better low end torque/mid range power. I have also read that the X-pipe is less raspy/smoother sound where as the H-pipe is deeper but is prone to popping when off the gas. So, I have an X-pipe right now on my 383 and just curious it was better for me as a street truck to have a H-pipe on my true dual system than the H-pipe. Post up what you know and preciate the input!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have seen both systems ran on old vortec 5.7's and I have to say I like the X better, smoother sounding and more effective than the H... ever considered the magnaflow di/do with the X built in??
Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I have seen both systems ran on old vortec 5.7's and I have to say I like the X better, smoother sounding and more effective than the H... ever considered the magnaflow di/do with the X built in??
Yea, my friend has one....I was looking at the different systems though. I have an x-pipe and 2 aerochambers on my obs right now and not really thrilled with it besides the awesome idle/part throttle...just a little loud for my taste without the cats so just looking into different options and what would be best for me. I do have a Corsa lying around....might just have to use it I reckon.

anybody else....keep this info coming....I'm sure other people are wondering about this too!!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an H pipe on mine, and I couldnt tell you the difference between the x and the h, but it does sound good. I occasionally get popping going downhill in first, but that's about it.