Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Yank TrT2600 Group Purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttttt
Old 04-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A TB is stall is a regular gm part so you are going to get just that factory gm quality and we all know that alot of times its not all that great. If you plan on putting more than 300hp to th rear wheels then dont get a TB stall my dads buddy has worked for Aamco transmission for 20 something years and does performance tranny work on the side. He said that if you want it to last buy a good quality stall even if its the same speed as a TB it will last longer the fins/vanes are fully welded not spot welded like the TB and it just has much better parts. Me personally I went with a TCI 3000 but I would have gotten this one but this gp wasnt going on at the time. This is just my opinion everyone has their own but just remember gm cant even make good tailgate cables what makes you think they can make a good tq converter that will last when you have more power and torque and obviously like to drive fast.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Banned

I second... of course I already oredered mine.... we still need 9 people to get this deal...
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered mine too...(I'm just in it for the free T-shirt LOL!) But seriously, I originally had my mind set on the TB converter, but when I did the math in my head, it figured to be about $300 or so, (converter's about $180, $100 core charge, plus shipping) Seems like an extra $200 is worth it to me for a quality high performance part, especially if I'm gonna spend the good part of a Saturday on my back humpin' a heavy-*** trans around.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

furnace brazed is pretty standard these day out of the factory.I had my yank 2400 cut open and cleaned locally,it was a stocker with the fins angled and had the truck kevlar lining.It cost me $80 cleaned balanced and assembled,done.Yank wanted $200 + ship. Not trying to start anything,the converter works perfect for my needs anymore stall would be to much for that amount of towing I do.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
A TB is stall is a regular gm part so you are going to get just that factory gm quality and we all know that alot of times its not all that great. If you plan on putting more than 300hp to th rear wheels then dont get a TB stall my dads buddy has worked for Aamco transmission for 20 something years and does performance tranny work on the side. He said that if you want it to last buy a good quality stall even if its the same speed as a TB it will last longer the fins/vanes are fully welded not spot welded like the TB and it just has much better parts. Me personally I went with a TCI 3000 but I would have gotten this one but this gp wasnt going on at the time. This is just my opinion everyone has their own but just remember gm cant even make good tailgate cables what makes you think they can make a good tq converter that will last when you have more power and torque and obviously like to drive fast.
Everyone has recalls or a defective part. The tailgate cables are one thing, but now your going to the torque converter they put in. You might as well down the engines too as "GM" made them too.
Are you a Ford or Dodge fan?? Surely you don't own a GM product to down it.
If you left the truck stock, the truck would not ever have any problems.
When we modify them, we should expect things to fail.

Jim
Old 04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Jim
Your right the factory builds them dam stout,more so than ever,better materials better clearences better balance,they use better tools better and more accurate assembly.I suspect the factory rejects finished product that dont meet specs,they get sold to the aftermarket for cores, hum
Old 04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Everyone has recalls or a defective part. The tailgate cables are one thing, but now your going to the torque converter they put in. You might as well down the engines too as "GM" made them too.
Are you a Ford or Dodge fan?? Surely you don't own a GM product to down it.
If you left the truck stock, the truck would not ever have any problems.
When we modify them, we should expect things to fail.

Jim

Just buy one..... You dont have one yet.... and the whole basis of this is that the TB converter isnt much less than the yank
Old 04-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I dont expect anyone on this site has rebuilt over ten thousand transmissions like the guy that Im getting my info from. He has seen it all and he would not even build the tranny for me if i was going to put a tb stall in it because he said that it would just mess up his work and he would hate to see me in the same predicament a couple of months from now. Yes parts from the factory are better now days than they pretty much have ever been but when you are talknig about putting a factory part in a application that far exceeds what it was intended for then you are just asking for trouble. Yes there are alot of people that have done this mod and everything has been fine but when that stall goes who knows what else it will take with it. Its all in the luck of the draw some people have put over a 100 thousand miles on their truck without any torque management in their tranny and been fine i got it removed in mine and i didnt make it home before the 3-4 clutch pack went out. Same can go for the tb stall. When you look at the diff in price between a good quality aftermarket stall and the tb why not spend a little extra a get a much better value and higher quality part. I have had alot of problems with gm products my 02 s-10 was in the shop 16 times before i got rid of the piece now I have a Z and havent had a problem. If you want to play russian roulet with expensive equipment then go ahead I just simply would rather spend a little extra for that piece of mind knowing that I have good parts. Gonzo you said it was a yank correct so that is not a factory gm product. Chevy6000vho my s-10 was totally stock btw and had all those problems. There are just lemons out there i happened to get ahold of one. There are multiple problems with gms products check even on this website. Yes I own gm products but that doesnt mean that I cant bring up some of there shortcomings. I would never own anything else but gm. I have nothing against them i am just trying to convey what i have heard and try to save alot of people alot of headache and trouble. IMO if you have a close to stock truck and thats all its ever going to be then get a tb stall if not then get a yank bottom line. For the price difference you cant beat the yank. I have nothing against gm just trying to show some instances to support my stance on the tb stall and yes i know a stall and tailgate cables are two different things. So far mine havent screwed up even with loading and unloading my close to a half ton 4wheeler including me on it in the bed of my truck.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Banned

well said.....

Quick Reply: Yank TrT2600 Group Purchase...