Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is the Yank TT2600 really a Trailblazer TC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV
No, whitt1, I haven't made my mind up about anything yet. But anyone who knows me knows I do endless research before making a decision, which is what I am doing. Research consists of asking questions and sharing knowledge, which is also what I am doing here.

I've done lots of research offline on this topic. I've PM'd lots of people, talking back and forth about it. I've accumulated some knowledge on it. I've listened to other people's experiences, and I've also read every single post on this forum, and others, related to the Trailblazer torque converters, and Trailblazer torque converter vs. TT2600 torque converter, and the TT3000 torque converter. I think I'm pretty well versed. And I think the TT2600 is in fact the stock Trailblazer TC, simply repainted, just as others have told me they either already knew or highly suspected.

You differ with me. That's fine, you can do that. But when I ask you for data or information, I don't seem to get anything of substance. That's also your prerogative. But please don't change the subject to what my motivations might be. I may or may not get a Trailblazer, a TT2600, or a TT3000 torque converter. I may not get a torque converter at all. That's pretty irrelevant, because at the end of the day, some people may have benefitted from all of this research and question-asking. And if that's all that comes out of this, I'm okay with that. I think that's what these forums are all about.

So I'll pose the essence of this thread back to you as a question - if the Trailblazer and TT2600 converters are in fact one in the same converter, why would anyone want to pay $200-$300 more for the Yank?
Is there not a serial number or part number or something on a TB converter? If so, would you really think that Yank would take the time to fill in the numbers and repaint it rather than R&D their own? I don't know, it just doesn't seem logical. You would also run into patent issues I would presume. I know for a fact that GM has countless more dollars than Yank, and if in fact they were ripping off their converter some **** would hit the fan.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
How long did this guy drive it? Mine tightened up a good bit after it had some miles. I thought it was to loose at first, but now I love it and wouldn't trade it for nothing.
I really need to drive a vehicle with a TT3000 in it. Is that what you have?
Old 04-24-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup ...
Old 04-24-2004, 04:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Thanks for your .02.

I see you're in Sicily...I've been to Siracusa, are you close to there?
Nothing on this island is too far. I took a trip to Taorimina yesterday and saw alot of cool stuff. Ive got a little over 2 more months on this "vacation", so before its all said and done ill have seen everything on the island. Did some wine and liquer tasting too. They still use the same method, and same machines to make their drinks as they did in 1850 when it was built. Here is a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Is the Yank TT2600 really a Trailblazer TC?-trip-taormina-sicily-026.jpg  
Old 04-24-2004, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Yank TT3000 stalled 3200 in a Magnacharged Tahoe with a 3"pulley and LT headers.It launched the Tahoe with consistant 1.8 60' times and had great road manners around town.Now I'm running a 4L80E with a Yank SC3000.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Nothing on this island is too far. I took a trip to Taorimina yesterday and saw alot of cool stuff. Ive got a little over 2 more months on this "vacation", so before its all said and done ill have seen everything on the island. Did some wine and liquer tasting too. They still use the same method, and same machines to make their drinks as they did in 1850 when it was built. Here is a couple pics.
Wow, thanks for those pictures. I remember that like it was yesterday. I was only 19 at the time but man, that place was stunning. We went to the catacombs - holy cow. Then to a seafood restaurant. Umm, Red Lobster this was not. How amazing. You are so fortunate to be there...
Old 04-24-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by whitt1
A Yank TT3000 stalled 3200 in a Magnacharged Tahoe with a 3"pulley and LT headers.It launched the Tahoe with consistant 1.8 60' times and had great road manners around town.Now I'm running a 4L80E with a Yank SC3000.
Hmm, I guess 3200 isn't so bad, I thought it would be higher.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, are you buying the TB torque converter and slapping it in, or not? It seems you've made your mind up, somewhat. So, take the chance and just do it - like most of us do. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Naked AV, i deployed from Brunswick,ME, were lobster was cheap as hell. Here, the average lobster dinner is 95 euros! Thats @ $130 in american money.

Did you ever try real Italian food? Its nothing like ours. Its kinda bland, and the portions are small for someone my size.

Sorry for the off topic, dont mean to clutter up this thread.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Didn't read all 5 pgs of this post but I just installed a yank 2600. I was running a BTE 2800 (2400 actually) but swapped trannys so I tried the yank.
The BTE stalled to 2400 and was flat on launch.The yank stalls about the same but will over power rear brakes at 2600.Torque multiplication?Beats me,but it tows better and I have more trouble hookin'up. Yank cost more but the install is the same pain in the a$$ you only want to do it once.
JMO.,Jim

Quick Reply: Is the Yank TT2600 really a Trailblazer TC?