Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

YEA!!! finaily geting someware

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 10:31 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: YEA!!! finaily geting someware

How is it running lately? I've found that it sometimes takes a few days after doing the mod for the changes to settle into the PCM. Is it still running better than before the resistor mod, but not what you think it should?

Did you measure the knock sensor wire at 100K ohms?
Old 09-04-2002, 07:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: YEA!!! finaily geting someware

it is still running much better but not quite as good as i think it can, i need to spend some serious time working on the tuning details.

the knock sensor did measure 100k ohms and i went with around 25% reduction in sensitivity. i think i may be able to go a little more but i think i will set up a temporary easy change on off set up so i can swap out the resitos and turn off the desetstizing part while driveing. i need to make sure it is still working because i hope to push the boost up a little. also i adjusted the "spark retard limit" table to +15deg, i think that was a bad idea, i think it completly got rid of any knock learning function. now going down the highway with a trailer on a hot day it will see knock, pull timing with KR, then add it back untill it hears knock again, it does this continualy, never stops, i think knock learn is suposto stop this after a few cycles by pulling main timing. anyone know about this?

i think the truck is feeling alomost fast enuff for cruzing around town, if i can knock a few more tenths with a little more boost, a tranny rebuild with the shift kit, timing, shift points, fuel, all that good stuff i will be happy for the non race mode. then a little nitrous for when i see a race coming.