Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Yes or No to the DIABLO????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Yes or No to the DIABLO????

06 SSS... alright i touch on this with a couple of you guys already but i just want a lil more insight ond suggestions... i want to get a tuner but i'v been told to steer clear of wat i'v been lookin at. (the diablo) but i want to know wat u guys suggest maybe a different tuner or just go for a custum tune all together, if so from where and which one?? any help is well appreciated.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Oh HELL NO, get a custom tune. You can get a custom for close to the same price and if you plan any mods, you can get free updates. Just don't waste your time and money on aything but a custom tune.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLACK04VHO
Oh HELL NO, get a custom tune. You can get a custom for close to the same price and if you plan any mods, you can get free updates. Just don't waste your time and money on aything but a custom tune.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the patience and desire to learn buy yourself a tuning package like EFILive or HPTuners.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Don't waste money on a heandheld. Been there, done that. Get a mail order tune or if you can, get a street tune. I have a mail order tune that has been retuned by a tuner in my area. Here are some comparisons.
1/4 miles times:
Superchips performance tune: best 15.4
PCMforLess tune: best 14.63
Tune by local tuner (street tune): best 14.33
Mods are in sig.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

the Diablo is the best handheld on the market, but still loses to a custom tune. I sold mine and used the proceeds to fund my half of HP Tuners (went in with a friend to spread the costs). Now I'm much happier
Old 04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

I think your question was "i want to get a tuner"....not.."should I get a custom tune OR a Diablosport".....right?

In that case....you already know a custom tune is better than a handheld tuner.,...and blah, blah, blah.

But to answer your question, the way you asked it is......

In the case of Handheld tuners, my opinion is that the Diablosport is far more superior than the rest of the competition. The Superchips & the Hypertech are just stone age compared to the Diablo. You have alot more tables to access and tweak now. The new version is great for what it is. And it's a valuable tool to have around so you can diagnose and monitor your vehicle, and clear the DTC's. I have one that I still keep around even though I'm completely custom tuned by Nelson Performance. I have tuned at least 20 local vehicles here and have had great results for what I have to work with.

Naturally an EFI Live Flashscan or a HP Tuners package is better.

But I hope I answered your question the way you asked.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Diablo is defiently the BEST HANDHELD...but gets walked on my a mail order tune all day long.

I suggestion...Find a LSmotor tuner w/dyno in your area...gonna be the best dialed in and is usually the same price. I know my tune will cost me 450$ CANADIAN on a dyno...

Or by HP Tuners...but your gonna spend alot of R&R in tuning
my 2 cents..but there Canadian money so it aitn worth much
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i appreciate all advise and i did know that the mail order would be better but i still wanted to get second opnions... THNX for everything and i guess im gonna start lookin in to findin a custum tune, iv been told PCMforless has a pretty good one. but i have another guestion after iv done more mods to my truck will pcm send another tune for free???
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Diablo
Recent experience,my buddy ordered a 07 from an authorized dealer,it was shipped from diablo,it came in wrong.Then they shipped another.I installed it into my 07 tahoe for a day with the basic tune, it ran OK couldnt really tell much. I put it back to stock.I then loaded it into my buddys 07 . it all went in fine,then it wouldnt start.So it sat over the weekend Monday we call tech they advise how to reset.It didnt work.My buddy then over nighted it that day.after a week they said it was a glitch in there programming,a problem going back to stock and to another vehical,they fucked with it for several days.They then said we are shipping it back and just have it towed to the dealer.Thats what he did.His hands were tied they wouldnt pony up for a new one,they wouldnt pony up for any compensation.And the worst part was the new AVA came back with scratches in the bumper which the dealer said they didnt do it and neither did the tow company.So diablo sucks in my opinion.They did offer a free programmer,whats that cost them all of $25?

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 05-05-2007 at 10:08 AM.