Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Yes, Yet Another Exhaust Thread. lol.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't imagine any louder muffler than bullets, they are bascially a straight pipe. As for flanging the y pipe...don't. Use v-bands you will be much happier in the long run.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RST, do you have the part number for the bullets you used? I'll try and look up my receipts for the ones that I bought. I bought them out of summit racing.

Mine are definitely quiet Zed. I've had a ton of people ask me about having bullets not believing me. I was just wondering though if it could be the way its set up. Basically the headers--cats--y-pipe split--pipes back, then the cutouts, xpipe, and mufflers are all towards the rear of the truck, right in line with one another a very short distance apart from one another. I'm wondering if I was to put the x-pipe up close to the y-pipe if that would make a difference? Also, i do know that the bullets I have are a 4" round/12" long case.

Old Bull, what are these v-bands you speak of?

Oh, and I don't want it to be redneck loud like with blownout glasspacks. No offense to rednecks, cause I'm kind of a hick myself at times, but you know what I mean. I've been there and done that before. lol.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
Oh, and I don't want it to be redneck loud like with blownout glasspacks. No offense to rednecks, cause I'm kind of a hick myself at times, but you know what I mean. I've been there and done that before. lol.
I just thought it'd be funny to post that up; I used to run straightpipes myself.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

v bands are exhaust clamps that do not require a gasket and sealup really good. They can be purchased from many places. Here is an example of one...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...spagenameZWDVW
Old 09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSTSilverado
Man maybe you have the wrong bullets, i have had many setups on my previous 6.0L HD

- First, I had a dual in dual out magnaflow(too quiet and mellow for me)
- Then, I had Flowmaster one chambers( Loud and raspy)
- Finally, I switched to the dynomax bullets, loud and aggressive

The magnaflow is by far the quietest setup i ran, maybe you have the wrong bullets, lol
What size was that Magnaflow? I keep hearing about how quiet the Mags are...guess I can eliminate them from my list of possibilities for my future setup. (need something loud )
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've personally had 2 magnaflows and they were both quiet.

First off had a single in/dual out 18" long body dumped can remember what size body though other than length.

Second was a dual in/dual out with the internal x-pipe and it was quieter than the other one and a smaller body. Had good WOT sound, but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to quiet. It was a 14" long body.