Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Yukon Denali 1000hp

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevybuilder383
I believe the stock 6.0 block will be fine to 1000hp, a 427 will deffinetly be easier but may not be nessasary, If it were me I would prefer an LQ4 6.0 rebuild the bottom end with forged low compression pistons, good set of H beam rods, and I've read on guys getting 1200 hp on stock bottom ends and the crank might be ok but I would go forged steel just for insurance
I don't prefer the 6.0 because we have a high temprature can recah to 55 c
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MoeDenali
You can drop anything you want on that Denali to reach 1000hp, but this is not the end there is alot of things you need to change it.
what is the things that I have to change it!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Itd be alot easier for him to use a gen4 engine vs a gen3 LQ4.
But my opinion, go with a 427 and a bigger blower. That way when you get bored with 1000 hp you can turn it up a little more
I heard that if i want to have 427 I should change many things and many guys prefer 408 to me because it easier to insteal om my truck
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ashoooon
I heard that if i want to have 427 I should change many things and many guys prefer 408 to me because it easier to insteal om my truck
The 408 are based on the LS2 and you have the new Generation so you can go 416" or 427" based on LS3 block.
You don't need to change things but you need to make sure you have a good tuner, and from what you said about who suggest you the 408 engine, your friends don't know anything and I'm worried that at the end you will never reach your goal.
My friend owns a Denali and with 416" and 2300 Magna he is pushing around 800hp at the crank, and we feel it is at the limit with the tranny, it will not handle more than that.
That’s Denali smocked a GTR35 from the dig and rolling from 50Km/h up to 200Km/h and that’s more than enough for us comparing a full weight SUV to a supercar
Let us know exactly what is in your mind and we can help you.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it can be done with a roots blower. It can be at the crank but not RWHP. You can do with a turbo though! You'll need a lot of supporting mods to make it happen.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Teching In

The 408 are based on the LS2 and you have the new Generation so you can go 416" or 427" based on LS3 block.
You don't need to change things but you need to make sure you have a good tuner, and from what you said about who suggest you the 408 engine, your friends don't know anything and I'm worried that at the end you will never reach your goal.
My friend owns a Denali and with 416" and 2300 Magna he is pushing around 800hp at the crank, and we feel it is at the limit with the tranny, it will not handle more than that.
That’s Denali smocked a GTR35 from the dig and rolling from 50Km/h up to 200Km/h and that’s more than enough for us comparing a full weight SUV to a supercar
This is the web that my friend told me that I have to change many things to put it in my truck
TSP 427 C.I.D. LSx Long-Block
the thing in my mind that I reach 1000hp at the crank with out problem cuz my friend have denali with supercharger 2.3L whipple on L92 14psi and he have alot of problem such as low oli pressure and load on the engine so I don't want any more problem like my friend!!!

Last edited by ashoooon; 09-23-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Just call those guy up and tell them what you want. They will build you anything you want for the right amount of money. Or if you really want power go with proline racing engines.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Again you don't need to change any thing, you can do a 427" based on the ls3 and it will drop in without any problem. If you are talking about the big aftermarket blocks then I agree with you. But in your case you don't need to go this route.

Regarding your friend did he checked the oil pump?
He might did something wrong I've seen allot of guys intalled a really big oil cooler and they never think that it might drop the oil pressure.

With 800 engine hp you should take care of the T/case because the hard AWD launch will damage it sooner or later and I told you that because that what we are facing now, we are at 10 psi and we can go more than that but the drivetrain will not handle the power.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was the one to recomend the 408ci

when I told hem to get a 408 , it is because he is buying a complete long block , assembled and ready to go( the LY6 has the right bore to start with)
I told him to get the 408 beacuse
A: he wants solid Iron block to start with. 6.2s dont come as Iron blocks
B: when he has a problem with the cyl. walls, he has room to resurface the cyl.
C: ... 8 more cubec inches wouldent get him more than 5hp in best cases
D: the 408 hase thicker cylender walls, so safty to run more boost is more than the 4.065+ bores

as for the 2.3 supercharger not giving 1000hp's , I told him it wont get you there, a 2.9 would ,he said that he heard that whipple sells upgreads for the 2.3 to reach 2.9 ( first time I heard was from him)

tranny wise, I told him it would fall to pices after 700 flywheel HP's

what I understand from him is this ,

he wants a safe 800hp motor with a quite Exhaust and no no for lumpy cams.

he also wants to keep the factory exhaust , and that exhaust wont live bast 4000RPM on a supercharged 408 , ltet alone making 800hp with 1.7/8 ARH headers & stock system

I had to clear my self for recomending the 408, and still think its the best stroker choice for FI with in HES budget

as for you Ashoooon, I said the 427 tall deck motor not the bored out 9.24" deck would require alot of mods to the accesory drive IE : PS pump, alternator location
and i also said that the 4.125 bore isnt good for high boost none water/alchole/methanol injected engines

and he said he wanted a stock look , and a simple drop in motor with no mods to the accseories or additional headaches.

with that said,

my first replay to him when he wanted a new long block was , " dont throw your money , get a forged buttom end with a forged 3.622" or 3.75" crank,
go 9.2-9.5 comp ratio. get the LS9 head gasket,get a new FI cam , dont change the headers, and just mount your 2300 whipple on top with big Injectors and boost a pump, youll be much more comfy with this setup as a dailydriver and wount max out your 2300
Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sandman, you recommendation sounds like a logical suggestion to me. I would look at an LSX block based 427 before I made up my mind. Iron block with great walls if his budget allows a $7000 short block. Talk with Frasier at AES.

Quick Reply: Yukon Denali 1000hp