Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Yukon Denali 1000hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cjg454ss
1000rwhp?? nice, im not saying it cant be done, i did it too before my lsx block. but in a denali that heavy, the heads will lift. like i said it has to do with the weight of the vehicle and the type of blower. that roots blower torque will block those HG's for sure, turbo would be way easier

its up to the builder, customer comes to me and says they want 1000rwhp denali with a lq9....

...I say it wont be done here. a personal build and a build for a customer are way different.
Actually, you did say it can't be done, and said the OP should ask someone who's done it. Well, I just answered him and gave him 2 examples. What have you offered? NOTHING BUT YOUR MISGUIDED OPINION.

Parish actually made over 1100 rwhp IIRC. Neither of us lifted the heads. My truck weighs 5300lbs.

We both used turbos to get there, but NO WHERE in this thead did you say 'Positive displacement blower? No way' -- BUT you did say that about iron 6.0l blocks.

Guess what? You are wrong.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Actually, you did say it can't be done, and said the OP should ask someone who's done it. Well, I just answered him and gave him 2 examples. What have you offered? NOTHING BUT YOUR MISGUIDED OPINION.

Parish actually made over 1100 rwhp IIRC. Neither of us lifted the heads. My truck weighs 5300lbs.

We both used turbos to get there, but NO WHERE in this thead did you say 'Positive displacement blower? No way' -- BUT you did say that about iron 6.0l blocks.

Guess what. You are wrong.
it says whipple buddy on the first post.

1. yes 1000rwhp can be made,
2. made reliable in a denali, NO

My point was weight and blower. big difference between turbo and a lighter truck.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ashoooon
Hi everyone*
I have denali 2008
with whipple 2.3L
and I need an engine that can reach me to 1000 hp with out problems
now i'm thinking about RHS block with stroker 427
of course with the wipple superchargerIf anyone had a better idea or something had tested before please inform me about it
See where he said with a Whipple...

see you guys around
Old 10-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Going away huh? what am i going to get banned for voicing my opinion? im not insulting anyone, if someone is insulted because i believe to say you make a certain hp you actually have to make it,,, so be it. why dont you give atomic a scratch why you hang from his nuts bottom line, denali, 1000rwhp, lq9, aint gonna happen, another member said the same thing. sorry to upset your superhero

smart guy or not,
900flywheel horsepower is not 1000 rear wheel hp

1slowz71- you even have a turbo?
im done here, carry on
Just like running your mouth doesn't make you an expert.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

it says whipple buddy on the first post.

1. yes 1000rwhp can be made,
2. made reliable in a denali, NO

My point was weight and blower. big difference between turbo and a lighter truck.
Yes it does, but you've never had a problem with it until I proved you wrong...

BTW, did you see the weight of my truck? It ran reliably for years at that power level as my DD.

But, keep repeating the same, unsubstantiated thing over and over. That's how everyone wins arguments.

People who repeatedly say 'I'm done here' never actually leave, do they?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom made right at 1150rwhp on a LQ9 with ported heads, cam, studs, gaskets, and on E85 with a S488..
Went up to 27psi and compressed some rods after a few months.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Of course no response to Flaco's truck Sure the block was half filled, but hey, 4 bolt heads... And I believe after beating on it with 1700hp from an LQ9 block, it eventually shot a rod through the block. Lifting heads...not a problem.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Of course no response to Flaco's truck Sure the block was half filled, but hey, 4 bolt heads... And I believe after beating on it with 1700hp from an LQ9 block, it eventually shot a rod through the block. Lifting heads...not a problem.

FALCO = DENALI with Whipple.

why not buy the lsx block? its $2400 bucks, the guy has a denali and i would think can afford the correct block for the application, if $2400 is too much money then just say it, but i dont see a reason not to buy the proper block to build a motor. again if you cant afford it, just wait to put the big boy pants on and continue to play with the lq9

Last edited by cjg454ss; 10-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

FALCO = DENALI with Whipple.

Your argument went from 4 bolt block not holding 1000hp to a denali with a whipple. You just shifted your argument to try to get out of people calling you out for being dead wrong. Because you can't accept being wrong. Which would you like to discuss, point #1 or point #2? Or...just the one where you aren't incorrect?

There's more honor in accepting that you're not always right than always being right...
Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Your argument went from 4 bolt block not holding 1000hp to a denali with a whipple. You just shifted your argument to try to get out of people calling you out for being dead wrong. Because you can't accept being wrong. Which would you like to discuss, point #1 or point #2? Or...just the one where you aren't incorrect?

There's more honor in accepting that you're not always right than always being right...
actually here is what i said, never said it couldnt be made.

"no f'ing way the lq9 will hold with the weight of the vehicle and that much power."

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...3/#post5005491

the argument isnt the power, its the ability to be reliable at that wieght in a AWD vehicle.

Quick Reply: Yukon Denali 1000hp