Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Z71 Intake/Exhaust (split rear?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z71 Intake/Exhaust (split rear?)

wow, I never noticed the truck section on here before...

I've got an 04 tahoe z71 and want exhaust. something I can do myself preferably (no welding)... I see they make a borla split rear exit, but it is only for the 03...anyone know if it works on an 04? If not, does anyone else make a good split rear for an 04 tahoe? I dunno why, I'm just not a big fan of the single side exit exhaust. if that's my only option, I take it from the threads I've read that the magnaflow is the manufacturer of choice. I don't want drone though, so I may go corsa.

Also, I've read plenty about the UPD lid/tube...their site says it fits up to 03...does it fit an 04? I would assume so, but would like some reassurance...

I'm new to this whole truck thing...

edit: 5.3L vortec engine!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

here is my Borla. i love it. no drone in the cab. actually i wish it was a bit more aggressive sounding. but i still love it. for my next truck i want to get a Corsa. i think i am sold on them. i don't care how much they cost.

BTW, welcome to the truck section. you may never leave

Old 03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

i would not get a UPD. it cracks alot. guys have a hard time getting it on and off. i love my K&N. i might try a volant ram air for my nect truck.

if you are going to upgrade your exhaust and CAI, why don't you top it off with a custom tune from Nelson
Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

well i'm weighing my options of what I want to spend...right now i have two vehicles to mod (stupid me)...the t/a should be getting heads/cam in the next month or so, and i can't stand having the z71 bone stock. really i'm not too worried about performance on the z71...i want it to sound a little meaner and have a little more pep, but in reality it is still my daily driver, and the ws6 is the "fast" vehicle. that's why i haven't considered a tune.

I saw a lot of guys swearing by that UPD thing, i'll have to look around at the K&N. i've read a lot of bad things about the volant
Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Email Jim Browning Jr @Corsa.

Talk to Jim about what you want. Tell him I sent you.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

i think the negative feedback about volant comes from people that expect alot out of the volant due to it's high price.

i think if you make a separate post and made a poll with the different intakes out there, i bet UPD would not come at the top of the list as being most popular. i think it has good performance and looks, but i think it is not user friendly since it is hard to take off and on when wanting to clean TB or air filter, plus it is known to crack.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a pic of my Corsa.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

Yep if i had the $$ i would have got a corsa.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OBXMarine
Here's a pic of my Corsa.

i like.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

yeah OBX that's the look i want on my tahoe. corsa tips have always been my favorite...always wanted a corsa for my t/a but was too broke to afford it lol.

I'll email corsa and see what they have to say. i'm thinking about true duals for the t/a right now, so i may just go with the cheaper option of magnaflow for the tahoe.

thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Z71 Intake/Exhaust (split rear?)