GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Battery Tender Plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:06 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Tender Plus

I hooked this up to my '48 Jeep to maintain the battery. It was on there for maybe two weeks before I took it off due to having to sell the Jeep.

So, essentially "new". The cheapest I can find these is on eBay for $47.99 shipped. I'll go $45 shipped. Not a huge savings, but I guarantee I ship faster.

If you're local, we can meet up, but with the cost of gas, it might be just as cheap to ship it.

Per manufacturers site:
The Battery Tender Plus is a 1.25 amp battery charger designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by trickle chargers. Included is a quick connect harness for hard to reach areas.

Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.

Automatically switches from full charge to float charging mode.

Battery Tender at 1.25 amps will charge as fast or faster than any 3 amp charger available.

Reverse Polarity Protection to ensure user safety. Red & Green Lights Alternately Flash in this condition.

Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode).

10 year Warranty!

Initialization: Red Light On or Red Light Flashing: Monitor Circuit verifies appropriate battery voltage levels and good electrical

continuity between the battery and the charger DC output.

Bulk Charge: Red Light On, Green Light Off: Constant Current at Full Power. Bulk Charge ends at approximately 75% to 80% of full

battery recharge.

Absorption Charge: Red Light On, Green Light Flashing: Constant Voltage at Absorption Level. This conditions the battery for

optimum performance. Absorption charge ends when the battery charging current drops below the optimum recharge threshold or the

absorption timer expires.

Float Charge: Red Light Off, Green Light On. Constant Voltage at Float / Maintenance level. Keeps battery fully charged and maintains high specific gravity. Full charge reset monitor protects battery against excessive appliance current draw while charging. Float charge continues indefinitely.

All Battery Tender battery chargers are designed to fully charge and maintain a wide range of styles of lead acid batteries in ways that avoid the potential damaging effects that can be caused by most trickle chargers. All Battery Tender battery chargers have the five following characteristics:

Fully Automatic: At the end of the regular charger cycle, every Battery Tender battery charger automatically switches its output voltage to a safe, storage or float level that eliminates the need to constantly check on the conditions of the battery.

Full Output Power at Low AC Line Conditions: Battery Tender battery chargers will deliver full output power with input AC line voltages as low as 90 VAC. (Excluding chargers with output current of 2 amps or less).

Zero to Minimal Current Draw from Batteries: When the AAC power is disconnected, most Battery Tender battery chargers draw zero current from the battery. A few of the higher power models draw less than 1 milliamp from the battery.

Compact, Lightweight Construction: At any given power level, Battery Tender battery chargers offer some of the highest charging power density in the industry.

Visual Indication of Charge State: Every Battery Tender battery charger has some combination of colored lights to indicate the progress of charging.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meant to put this in the Miscellaneous section if one of the mods wants to move it. Sorry.