GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Comp 212/218 low lift.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suddog
I am running a TBTC (trailblazer I-6 torque converter) It stalls higher than a stock truck torque converter. A stall is not really a requirement with this cam, especially with a 6.0. It does however get right into the power band of the cam.

I got it from member Chevroletalltheway.

My apologies to the OP, Just trying to help sell your cam for ya.
Yeah I already bought the cam, and I also bought a 2800 stall, so I was just wondering how that setup worked for you and what you had done differently. It will be going on the SSS with a CAI, headers, and flowmasters...I'll do the tune after the cam and stall is in.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In the SSS, it will be somewhat of a sleeper cam. My only downfall is I am 2WD and our track here is garbage to say the least. I am looking for slicks on island...Hope to find some soon. I want to be in the 14's uncorrected. Last night was a horrible night for me at the track. I could only get 15.3's out of her. But this is a combination of high DA, shitty track, shitty traction and possibly shitty driver as well

Wheatley/HP Tuners is my tuner of choice. I live on an island with no dyno so email tunes are all that I got. I thought about trying to fly him out here just to tune the truck in person. lol

All in all I am pleased with my setup. It pulls good for me. I thought about the TR224 but the amount of work and extra money needed to run it was not worth it to me. I need my AC and vacuum brakes.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Suddog
In the SSS, it will be somewhat of a sleeper cam. My only downfall is I am 2WD and our track here is garbage to say the least. I am looking for slicks on island...Hope to find some soon. I want to be in the 14's uncorrected. Last night was a horrible night for me at the track. I could only get 15.3's out of her. But this is a combination of high DA, shitty track, shitty traction and possibly shitty driver as well

Wheatley/HP Tuners is my tuner of choice. I live on an island with no dyno so email tunes are all that I got. I thought about trying to fly him out here just to tune the truck in person. lol

All in all I am pleased with my setup. It pulls good for me. I thought about the TR224 but the amount of work and extra money needed to run it was not worth it to me. I need my AC and vacuum brakes.
Believe it or not, I'm not going too crazy with the SS. I've done more to the Burban than the SS. I had already done quite a bit to the Burban before I ever got the other one. I just want a little more out of it, and we will see if I do any more down the road. The woman drives it most of the time, and she told me she needed more power, so I guess if I give her a little more now, it'll free me up for a while to work on my other toys. If I can drop a solid second, I'll b satisfied for now.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You might drop a second off with all the mods you have listed. But definitely get the tune. That is the money maker for sure. I dropped 2+ full seconds off with all of my mods. But that is also a weak *** stock 4.8

I found some 26 x10.5 slicks...so Times will drop as soon as I can find rims to mount them.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

I'll be getting the tune after I install all of the goods. I think there is an awd dyno in eastern nc.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck to ya. Let me know how it turns out for ya. I think you might need some bigger injectors down the road as well. With the cam in my 4.8 my injector duty cycle was 97%. 4.8's and 6.0's share the same injector. That is why I went up to the Marine 8.1 42# injectors. With the cam in the LQ9, My injector duty cycle is now around 68%. They are a bit big, but If I go with a bigger cam I have reserve duty cycle if needed. They were Plug and play (with changes in tune). You will not "need" 42#'ers, maybe standard 8.1 injectors. Stock 8.1 injectors flow somewhere around 31# and are a hell of a lot cheaper compared to the marine injectors.

Food for thought.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe I'll have to look into that as well. Thank you.