GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

FS: long tube OBX headers w/extension pipes to catback

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand. will the lt's fit 2wd trucks?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DBYRD
i understand. will the lt's fit 2wd trucks?
Come on man, seriously? You didn't read ANY of that information I posted in the first post?

I didn't make them. The manufacturer says they will fit 99-06 4wd or 2wd trucks with the dual-inlet muffler. As I've found out the driver header doesn't properly fit the 4wd. I don't see any reason it wouldn't still work on a 2wd because there is no front axle in the way. I think a lot of the 2wd trucks came with a single-inlet muffler, and a Y-pipe...this obviously can't be used with these dual-outlet headers. IF you're going to fab your own dual catback then there should be no other issues.

I can't guarantee fitment on anything because I can't test-fit them.

That's all I can say.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

so you can't say for sure what they fit then. Obviously they didn't fit your awd application as they were "supposed to" so I was wondering if perhaps you indeed got a 2wd set by accident. simple questions should lead to simple answers. i read your statements and all i gathered was that it did not work for your 4wd/awd app., then you said you were gonna use them on a c4 corvette ls swap??? read nothing about 2wd anywhere in there. good luck with sale on a product in which you have no idea if it will fit others vehicles.

Last edited by DBYRD; 11-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DBYRD
so you can't say for sure what they fit then. Obviously they didn't fit your awd application as they were "supposed to" so I was wondering if perhaps you indeed got a 2wd set by accident. simple questions should lead to simple answers. i read your statements and all i gathered was that it did not work for your 4wd/awd app., then you said you were gonna use them on a c4 corvette ls swap??? read nothing about 2wd anywhere in there. good luck with sale on a product in which you have no idea if it will fit others vehicles.
Originally Posted by rotaryresurrection in the very first post
These will bolt to any LS style engine as far as I know. Should fit any 2wd truck, 4wd it will not because it hits the front driveshaft flange at the front diff. Again each header has its own extension pipe for the trucks with the dual inlet mufflers...so the 5.3 trucks etc. would need a custom exhaust from the pipes back as well. The 6.0 trucks can keep the stock exhaust if you want.

Seriously man...how am I supposed to know for sure? Please tell me. I have no 2wd to test fit them on. They are supposed to fit, that's all I can tell you. WTF do you expect me to say? How can I guarantee them to fit your truck (which is apparently what you're expecting) when they don't even fit mine?!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

PM sent.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Teching In

I am interested in everything BUT the headers. If someone is interested in those nice headers (wrapped and EGR deleted) I am willing to buy the intermediate pipes and all hardware. There has to be someone with a 4.?, 5.3 or 6.0 LS motor in a truck that wants headers? If you look at his pics you can see they only need to be shimmed 3/4-1" get under there with a come along or a bottle jack with a T shirt (so you don't scuff his wrap job) and you got yourself a nice set of headers. PM rotary or PM me if someone is interested. I noticed he put em on eBay, so lets help him move these to a Pt.net member(s). I'll pay 300 bucks for the pipes and hardware if someone wants those headers for 200, I think thats reasonable....
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

extension pipes sold, and I'm planning on keeping the headers themselves for my LS6 C4 swap project.