GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

FS: Magnuson 122 Complete with 90mm and harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT. I still have it, and am open to offers. Show me an MP122 anywhere for this price.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

I have an 04 procharged escalade, which is a dog off the line. I am probably looking at 2 g for a new torque converter and tune.

You say this was on an 03 Escalade? So do you have everything I would need to put it on my 04 Escalade?

Thanks

SC
Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

blowndenali - pm me if you want some info on this...ill do my best to help you out!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
I have an 04 procharged escalade, which is a dog off the line. I am probably looking at 2 g for a new torque converter and tune.

You say this was on an 03 Escalade? So do you have everything I would need to put it on my 04 Escalade?

Thanks

SC
I've had centrifigal superchargers on trucks, and they are really a waste of time. Trucks need bottom end torque, and I don't recommend any system that doesn't have power below 3k RPM's. The Whipple, Kenne Bell, and Magnuson work the absolute best. I went with the Magnuson because it gave me the most power for the money. Kenne Bell is the only one that can compete with the MP122, and that's either the 2.4 or the 2.8 they sell. Even then you still have to buy more stuff to make it complete. Mine has everything to get you from start to finish.

Let me know
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

And yes, I have everything to make it complete for the 04 denali. I even have the fuel return/returnless kit, so either fuel system would work. You would not get a more complete kit unless you spent around $7000 new.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by laynlow77
blowndenali - pm me if you want some info on this...ill do my best to help you out!
Thanks much - I will do!

SC
Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by staffcurtis
And yes, I have everything to make it complete for the 04 denali. I even have the fuel return/returnless kit, so either fuel system would work. You would not get a more complete kit unless you spent around $7000 new.
Ok - good to know. Now I need to due the work and figure how much it would cost me (I would have to have a speed shop do the work of both removing my Procharger, then installing the 122, then retuning), including the cost of shipping and exchange rate and tax (I live in Canada), and weigh this against the cost of a torque converter upgrade and tune, in terms of improved performance. My guess is the 122 would make the sclade howl, as my wife's radixed Denalixl does about a 5.9 0-60, despite being a larger vehicle and hauling my fat butt while doing the time.

So don't wait on me. I have some figuring to do.

It might make more sense for me to sell my Sclade here and then buy yours, although SUV and truck prices are down here too (we pay about $5.00/gallon normally, not just when Ike hits). What are the mods, mileage, #owners, pics, price, 1/4 mile results of your Escalade?

Thanks

D
Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

I have not dynoed my escalade because its all wheel drive, and no dyno works with those. I'm positive it's faster than a stock radix'd SUV, and mine is ready for a pulley upgrade for more boost. I would sell you my escalade like it is for $17k with the forged block, and stout tranny. It has 86k miles, and is diamond white with beige interior. I just had a Ligenfelter G2-3 cam installed and had it tuned for perfect performance, and smooth idle. I just don't have the money anymore, and when you start these projects, you can't stop. You are basically buying my habit...just not sure if the habit is good or bad
Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by staffcurtis
I have not dynoed my escalade because its all wheel drive, and no dyno works with those. I'm positive it's faster than a stock radix'd SUV, and mine is ready for a pulley upgrade for more boost. I would sell you my escalade like it is for $17k with the forged block, and stout tranny. It has 86k miles, and is diamond white with beige interior. I just had a Ligenfelter G2-3 cam installed and had it tuned for perfect performance, and smooth idle. I just don't have the money anymore, and when you start these projects, you can't stop. You are basically buying my habit...just not sure if the habit is good or bad
Wow - if it had 40 k miles like mine I would probably be on it like a fat kid on a smarty. I usually sell by 86 k miles (approx 130,000km) though, so that thought is gone.

I know what you mean about the cost of the need for speed, I am a fellow addict!

Will check into some pricing.

Thanks for the info.

SC
Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Ttt...awesome Deal Folks! Reduced To $3500.

Quick Reply: FS: Magnuson 122 Complete with 90mm and harness