GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

As good as it gets 4l60e for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As good as it gets 4l60e for sale

Hello,

I have a Hughes built 4l60e that is the absolute best example you can get of a no money spared build. It has a billet servo, hardened sun shell, the strongest five finger planetaries available, extra wide bands, finned deep sump aluminum pan and the best clutch set up available amongst MANY other things. This transmission was built with absolutely no expense spared, and with the idea that if an extra 2000 dollars could be spent to make it stronger, it would have been.

This transmission cost over 4,000 dollars from Hughes and can be confirmed with a simple call to them, it currently has 2,500 miles on it and will ship with a custom built 2,800 stall fully optioned converter that cost over 500 dollars by itself. It is set up for a 4x4 but could be converted to 2 wheel if needed.

I am new to this site but in no way new to the internet, I am highly respected with 100% feedback on ebay,and have been a contributing member of camaroz28.com for quite a while. I guarantee that if you are interested in this set up that an agreement will be reached be it escrow at my expense or what ever it takes.

I would like 2,300 dollars out of the whole package, this is a transmission that you can consider new, and will blow away anything on the market for a WAY cheaper price.

Thanks,

Martin Gausvik
AFI Performance
780-974-6231
Old 03-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Launching!

What kind of converter is in there? Why are you selling? Sounds interesting.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Teching In

It is a hughes converter, I am selling it because I am upgrading to a 4l80e tranny/t-case combo.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Is there any warranty to go with it???
Old 03-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Teching In

There is not any warranty from hughes on a transmission such as this simply because they knew what it was purchased for. I am however willing to warrant a certain amount of money if anything goes wrong through my own company. Judging from the mods listed in your sig I would guarantee that this thing can handle more than what your truck will put out with the charger on it.
What I can do is put say 800 dollars aside in an escrow account until you get a month of good use out of it before it is released. Escrow allows the holding of all or partial funds until whatever time frame that is decided upon is completed with out issue.
I am a very easy person to deal with and if warranty is an issue, we can work something out that will make you happy and leave you with no reservations about the deal.
This deal can not be touched with a ten foot pole, a top of the line converter with a fully built 4l60e at this price is well worth it to anybody that is in the market. If you would like to discuss the possibilities further I can be reached Via email at kgausvik@sprint.ca, via the number below, or on this message board.

Thanks,

Martin Gausvik
AFI Performance
780-974-6231
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not tranny related but i like your sig, tell us more about your truck. do you have any dyno numbers or track times?

i am doing a similar set up, 6.0 for now, 4l80e, rcsb 4wd, boost, lowered......

are you running a radix or the older magna?
Old 03-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Teching In

It has been on the dyno briefly but did not make that impressive of numbers. It put down 450 hp and 550 foot pounds to the wheels. It has a pretty crappy and safe tune in it right now that doesn't even lean out at cruise speeds. The truck intake is pully ported and matched to the ARE heads, but that is a definite restriction in it's own right. I will be throwing a F.A.S.T manifold on after a little more seat time.

The only performance numbers I have generated out of it was a G-tech 0-60 run. With an autotrac launch it managed it in 2 seconds flat but I had to get out of it before 1/4 times could be shown. I drive some pretty crazy cars and I got to say that this thing is a total blast, I am sure with some more tuning the torque numbers will be well in to the sixes and hopefully low sevens.

The charger is a magna charger that is custom plummed with an alky system that is mounted but not hooked yet. I see just shy of 10#'s boost at 6,000, but the engine at 8.8:1 compression is just begging for additional levels. If you have any more questions please let me know, or I can get some detailed pictures if you like, I will list the mods below so if anyone has plans to do any of them I would love to help.

2001 z71 reg cab step
ARE 409
ARE stage 3 LS6 heads
Fully ported and matched intake
Custom blower grind cam
4l80e autotrac conversion will be done in a couple days
Denny's nitrous shafts
Dynatrac Dana 60 rear
Baer 15" six piston brakes
Tubular lowered control arms 4/6 drop
coated headers
dual 3 inch exhaust
55 # injectors
Ls1 edit tune
20" kmc's
Custom leather interior
Attached Thumbnails As good as it gets 4l60e for sale-d9_1.jpg  
Old 03-26-2004, 04:27 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a sweet set up, i have to wonder how close that blower is to being a restriction? 10psi on a 409 has to be well past it's max rated rpm. 0-60mph in 2.0 seconds is insane , i got down to 3.1 sec in my last truck and it felt strong out of the hole.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:42 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What magna are you using? By what you have said, it has to me the side mount style.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah it is the side mount style, I am not sure if the radix has it as well but it uses the bypass valve for part throttle cruising.

Parish: I know for sure that this thing will become a horsepower restriction, and I will eventually change induction because of this. Right now the engine is just breaking in and I plan on using the truck for daily transport once I sell my Extanded cab Z.

I have to say that I am very impressed at how well this little magna charger can fill the 409's lungs, I will have to dig up the dyno sheet for the exact numbers but it was making over 500 foot pounds by 3,000 Rpm. I am not really sure if I want to trade that kind of torque for the HP that a Procharger delivers. I really don't think the procharger could hang with this magna charger in a 0-60 sprint. I have a 15# Procharger on my camaro and it doesn't start hauling the mail until at least 3,500 rpm.

I think that a good final tune will net in the 500 RWHP range, and at least 650 RWTQ, I might be a little optomistic but this combo is showing absolutely no sign of struggling at 6,000 RPM so I think the blower has some more left in it.

Quick Reply: As good as it gets 4l60e for sale