Notices
GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Magnacharger Kit for 99-07 GM truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way to **** up someone's for sale thread with misinformation.... If you're not here to buy it beat it with your 4 posts. If you don't like the price don't buy it
Originally Posted by SSilverado
Just so you are aware this kit is originaly for a 99-00 truck. You can tell by the intake ports. so when you get your spare parts make sure you get that intake gasket not the one for the newer trucks. also the fuel block is $65 plus shipping. the plastic elbo piece for all the pieces will be like $50, intake gasket $35 a side. also you will need a whole new seal kit. for the j tube and the intake. its missing the intake bolts which are about $5 each, and you need the fuel pump which is $130 so you still have about $400 worth of parts to buy. and that heat exchanger is crap. they havnt made that style in a long time. so you may want to think about upgrading. I just got done pieceing together a magnacharge. it was a 99 style and i put it on my 06 5.3. IMO those injectors may not be big enough if you are planning head work and a boost cam. i have a mild cam in mine and i was running out of injector on the top end on the dyno. maybe a boost a pump as well. You may want to look into getting this sent to magna for a rebuild. from the looks of the unit it has seen quite a few miles. Tim at magna says that a rebuild is usually around $500. but then your almost paying list price. I got mine on here about a month ago. it was the exact same thing minus i didnt get the cooling pump or resivour and i payed $1500. Just some things to think about.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok with worry of there being any more people asking about this kits usability for other makes, I called Magnachargers tech people and had a nice long conversation with them.

The kit is more specific towards an H2. The blower itself upper and lower intake setup are the same as any truck, suv and h2 kit. The pulley however, is smaller. It is a 3.2 pulley.

The cooling system obviously is just as any other, should fit anything just a matter of hose length and mounting. The bolt length for the blower is different on an H2 than other trucks and SUV, i dont have many bolts anyways. The difference is because the H2 uses an LQ4 and not a LQ9.

Shaft length is the same for all truck motors, like I said the big difference is pulley size. The blower itself is designed for the fly by wire trucks and does not have an EGR setup for it like the kits for the 03 and under trucks. The injectors are infact 42lb injectors (I asked while I had him on the phone.) Another thing, the blower does NOT need to be rebuilt, there is no shaft play or bearing issue, however while on the phone I asked about a rebuild. New bearings and oil is $249, new rotors if damaged makes it $500.

The fuel pump that I dont have that is needed for the kit is $149 from Magnacharger.

So far is seems like this, If you are buying this kit for your 04-07 H2 you need $149 for a fuel pump and $405 for the computer flasher. There are miscellaneous bolts that you also need for the intake setup and you will need an intake boot.

If you are buying the kit for a truck or SUV, you will need an upgraded fuel pump and the same computer flasher. Your own intake tube setup will be needed and hardware for the upper and lower intake setup. As far as I know, that is it. Im sorry I cant be of more help towards exactly what is required but all I know is what I have and dont have, not how things fit on other applications.

Lastly, I am looking for a T56 or interested in other trades if your local. However if you are interested in the kit feel free to ask any questions on here or call me.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Double Post please delete

Last edited by Knapper411; 08-06-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

FYI, the general market price for a kit like this on here is 2500 +/- 200. You may get more on craigslist or ebay for it though. if you end up selling it for close to that price let me know, Id be interested.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
FYI, the general market price for a kit like this on here is 2500 +/- 200. You may get more on craigslist or ebay for it though. if you end up selling it for close to that price let me know, Id be interested.

HEY!! don't "****" on his thread!!! And your welcome for the bump!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 PM

How is this for an 04 when the 04 H2s were returnless fuel system yet the fuel block is a return style?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
How is this for an 04 when the 04 H2s were returnless fuel system yet the fuel block is a return style?
Here's what I noticed . . .

The fuel rail is a return setup, which means it's for 99-02 trucks, and SOME hummers.
The TB is for the 03 and up trucks. It can mount any 3 bolt TB weather it's wired or cable operated
The heat exchanger is small as hell, not even worth reusing. The stock tranny cooler is the same size.
You have lots of or un-accountable bolts for the lower intake, J-tube, and fuel rail.
The intake tub to the air box is Hummer specific.
You took off the J-tube from the blower for whatever dumb *** reason, so now that gasket has to be replaced.
You cut all the cooler and fuel lines for whatever "hurry" that you were in. That makes it look like ****, almost like you "recovered" off a repossesed truck before it hit the bank lot.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Just trying to do my homework since Im interested in the kit for the right price but all the searching I did said the H2s are returnless fuel system and why youd cut the factory fuel lines idk. It takes damn near the same time to use the fuel line disconnect tool as it does to cut the line and Im sure a bank would frown upon having cut fuel lines.

I asked him for his phone number in a PM so Ill talk to him and see what he says.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

what boost did it make on the 6.0??
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Im not asking anyone opinion on the heat exchanger size, call magnacharger if you think theres a problem with it size. What I care about is selling this kit, I have given as much information on it as I can.

Last edited by Knapper411; 08-06-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Kit for 99-07 GM truck