GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires

Hi guys,

I've been thinking the last couple of days about what I've been wanting to do with the SS Rims and tires I bought for my truck and even though they look sexy, I don't think it's the way I want to go. I want performance overall ontop of everything so the SS rims are going to go. I didn't realize they would take away from my lowend power like they did until after I put them on and took them around the block. But here's the info anyways; I am located in Minneapolis, MN area and would prefer not to ship these. (lord have mercy on the man who would have to pay for shipping costs). The tires have 12/32nd's tread (which is what goodyear rates the tread as being new) and once again they are 275-55-20 Eagle LS's. Wheels are perfect and are new take off's. All I'm asking for is what I have stuck into them. Tires/wheels/caps/lugs, everything for $1300. I'm going to say pickup only at first. If they don't sell in a couple of weeks, then I may consider shipping.
Attached Thumbnails New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires-1.jpg   New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires-7.jpg   New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires-4.jpg  
Old 02-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will you separate the wheels and tires? If you will I will give you $450 for the wheels. Shipping will cost $100 to PA. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you considerd going with shorter tires to match the hight of the stock tires?
That would take care of the low end problem.
The SS tires are 31.9 in tall!!! The stock tires are either 30.1 or 29.9 (depends on either the 255-70-16's or the 235-75-16's) That two inches or extra height is killing you!!
So you can sell the the rims or buy new tires if you like the look of the SS rims. I just want to let you know that if you like the look, you can have the performance too. You will lose a little because of the weight issue also, but you will almost always have that problem with 20' rims, most of them are heavy, and the weight is on the outward part of the wheel. You can get lightweight rims too.

sorry for rambling but good luck
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

950.00 shipped

paypal right NOW!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
Have you considerd going with shorter tires to match the hight of the stock tires?
That would take care of the low end problem.
The SS tires are 31.9 in tall!!! The stock tires are either 30.1 or 29.9 (depends on either the 255-70-16's or the 235-75-16's) That two inches or extra height is killing you!!
So you can sell the the rims or buy new tires if you like the look of the SS rims. I just want to let you know that if you like the look, you can have the performance too. You will lose a little because of the weight issue also, but you will almost always have that problem with 20' rims, most of them are heavy, and the weight is on the outward part of the wheel. You can get lightweight rims too.

sorry for rambling but good luck

So you're telling me then if I go with the shorter tire around 30 inches that I'll get most of my low end back? I would definatly keep them then. $950 shipped C'mon, don't bull$hit me If that's the case I'll keep the wheels. See, I asked this in the other thread but no one replied. I wanted to know if I would get most of my low end back by dropping the 2 inches in tire height. So you would agree that the 2 inches in tire height is killing my take off moreso than the increased weight of the wheel?

Joe
Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

If you will ship them, consider them SOLD. Looks like it will be about $100 for shipping to my door via UPS. I can even send you labels so you just have to drop the wheels off at a UPS store.

Let me know!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally think so.
Someone else agree or disagree...............
Old 02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I was playing with the calc at: www.1bad69.com/calc.htm and you will see a bigger difference between 3.73 gears to 4.11 gears (which isnt a whole lot) then you will from the 30.1 tire to the 31.9 tire change.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by hirdlej
So you're telling me then if I go with the shorter tire around 30 inches that I'll get most of my low end back? I would definatly keep them then. $950 shipped C'mon, don't bull$hit me If that's the case I'll keep the wheels. See, I asked this in the other thread but no one replied. I wanted to know if I would get most of my low end back by dropping the 2 inches in tire height. So you would agree that the 2 inches in tire height is killing my take off moreso than the increased weight of the wheel?

Joe
It will help im sure. That is exactlly why I did not go with the 275/55's. THey are just too tall. My low end didnt feel much different after I put the 285/50's on. The braking is what I noticed!! Rollout on the 275/45's would be like 29.5 I think. Closer to stock. But you have to take into account there is a bit more rotational mass there due to the wheel weight. I thought that Centerline made just about the lightest 20's.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I have Centerline Lexi IV's and they are HEAVY. I gain 3 tenths switching from the Centerline 285/50/20's to Escalade wheels and 275/55/17's. The Escalade wheels are only 28.9" compared to the 31.2" 20's and they are also about 20lbs lighter per wheel. All that considered, I only picked up .3 in the quarter with the 17's. You also need to remember that a 275/45 or 265/45 besides being shorter is also going to be lighter, and the 275/55's that you have are 32" tall. That is WAY too tall for a 2wd truck. You really need a 4.10 rear with a tire that tall, and its still too tall in my opinion. If I were you I'd sell them to Tim. He seems to be making a more than fair offer on the shipping and you'd be getting you money back. Then shop around for a LIGHT 20" wheel (there are a bunch that are WAY lighter than stock SS wheels) and get the shorter tire. Then you have the best of both worlds. They do look great on your truck tho. Good luck.

Quick Reply: New Take Off SS Rims for sale in MN with less than 100 miles on tires