GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

OBX Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers 99-05 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers 99-05 Silverado

SOLD

I love these, they make great power, and are hands-down the absolute best all around headers for our trucks in my opinion. Virgil (mean05) helped with the install and can vouch for the quality of these. One of the passengers side primaries was barely - and I mean BARELY - touching the frame, so I had it heated and pushed in just enough to clear the frame. These will work with the 4.8l, 5.3l, or 6.0l engines. They are a true dual setup. You can run them into a dual-in single-out muffler, or run true duals. I went with the true dual 2.5" setup and LOVE it. You will need to reuse your stock exhaust manifold gaskets (recommended anyway).

Ask any of the LS1truck members who have seen and heard this in person - it's an awesome setup and sounds extremely good (I'm running it through two Borla Stainless Steel mufflers). Here is a video clip of the exhaust as a whole.

Specs:

Dyno tested and proven

Direct bolt-on without modification

1 3/4" primary tube length

0.375" flange thickness

T-304 stainless steel mandrel bend for ultra fast flow

CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction

Utilizes factory 02 sensor position

Has a total of six bungs - four for the factory O2's and two additional for wideband, etc. (SIX total!)

Gaskets and hardware included

Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects

The pictures below show the headers when I first got them:

The next 3 pictures show the resonators. They replace and simulate the appearance of catalytic converters but have a straight-through design, so there is absolutely no obstruction:

Perfectly welded collectors with a pyramid shaped cone to help smooth and direct airflow. These are top quality:

The headers are only a few months old - I installed them toward the end of January. I paid $499 + $32 shipping = $531. I'm asking $450 if picked up locally (saves the buyer $81 over buying new) and $475 if shipped to the lower 48 states (saves the buyer $56 over buying new). I feel these are worth every penny and that they are fair asking prices, so the prices are firm.

Small incentive, but I'll throw in one of my Hemi shirts at no charge (size XL only, sorry!):

I have one stipulation...the parts I'm selling are funding my turbo build. I should have the turbo installed within a week or so. This is approximate. I will not be able to ship the headers until the install is complete. Ask around though, I ship promptly, I pack the items well, and have perfect feedback on the various forums and on eBay (member name is sabersfury if you want to check).

SOLD

Last edited by DamnYankee; 05-23-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- SOLD -