GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Turbo Denali for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Denali for sale!

Ok, I'm VERY hesitant to do this... I finally have my Denali "complete" to where I've always dreamed of having it. Now that I'm there, I'm probably going to have to sell it.

Long-story-short: My mother is our Nanny and doesn't have a car and can't afford one. I'd really like to get a car for her. I want to sell the Denali to buy two vehicles. My brother is selling his Avalanche to me so I have one base covered. That should save me about $10k with which I can buy a decent car for my Mom and not be "out" too badly.

This isn't going to be easy, and I know I won't get anywhere near what I should. This truck is solid, at least a 9.5 out of 10. Kelly Blue Book (what is used in this area) shows my 2002 with 55k miles, Private Party Value for a boring (I mean stock) Denali at $28,845.

The truck was built by Xtreme Motorsports (sponsor of this site) www.xmsengineering.com

What we've added:
Most of it you can find at www.TurboDenali.com
I have receipts for Parts, Install/Labor totalling around $14,000 for the STS "upgraded" setup, Methanol, Gauges, Comp Cams Hardened Pushrods/Springs, etc... this also includes about $4000 installed for the built 4L65 with the $1000 PI Vigilante Torque Converter.

$14,000 in goodies, plus ~$6000 for the Lowenhart 2-piece LD1 wheels and 305/40/20 Pirelli Scorpian tires.

We're talking about a $50k Denali (when new) and $20k in goodies. What does that realistically add to a "$28,800" vehicle? I don't know...

I would be willing to sell it for $36,000. This is an incredible price and should allow it to sell quickly. I'm seeing stock ones around here for not much less. The kit has been on for about 1500 miles and has a 1-year warranty as does the transmission. I have a few weeks until my brother buys his new truck and sells his Avalanche to me. So I'll start here, and then stick it on Ebay in 2-3 weeks. Ebay hasn't let me down yet selling anything, but its always a hassle and you have 50 emails to respond to, mostly from people who couldn't buy it anyway!

I built this more for a serious street machine and don't make it to the track very much. I haven't been since it was completed. I do have a G-Tech timer and went out to do some 0-60 & 1/4 mile runs. The 0-60 runs are showing 4.2-4.4. It smokes the front tires on launch. The 1/4 mile runs were between 13.2-13.5 @ 105.x-107.7. I've heard the G-Tech is accurate to withing .2 plus or minus and is usually 1-3mph higher than what reality is.

HP is at 471 at the wheels (all-wheel-drive) and 525TQ. This equates, with drivetrain loss to around 680 "crank" HP figuring a 28% loss (normal for all-wheel automatic, not to mention bigger wheels/tires).

There are NO problems whatsoever with anything. The tires have about 90% tread left. Brakes are great and will allow you to hold 7psi of boost if you want to launch that high. I gaurantee you will be 100% happy.

I'm located in Chandler (Phoenix) Arizona and can help anyone with shipping if you're out of state. FYI: my bank said they can loan full Retail value plus on any vehicle, which means this could be fully financed (saves you from dropping around $20k, cash, like I did!)

If anyone is seriously interested, email me at: andrew.wheaton@wellsfargo.com
Old 05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

You will get more $ if you sell the truck as stock, and sell the pieces seperately.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if someone will buy my truck, i'll buy yours. i'm only looking for 28500 for mine.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

why dont you just buy her a $1000 civic or something. i'm sure if she dosnt have a car now she dosnt care about having a nice one
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by qwank
why dont you just buy her a $1000 civic or something. i'm sure if she dosnt have a car now she dosnt care about having a nice one
I leased her a Toyota Matrix for a while. It was "too small" for her. She likes a big safe truck actually. We'll see... I haven't planned this out very well and don't know exactly what we're going to do, or when. The odds of me owning anything more than a year are usually pretty slim regardless! My wife hates me!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you work for Wells Fargo you should see what they have in the repo dept that you can get for cheap. A friend used to work for them and he was always coming up with some incredible deals on repos. It would be a crying shame for you to sell your pride and joy. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
If you work for Wells Fargo you should see what they have in the repo dept that you can get for cheap. A friend used to work for them and he was always coming up with some incredible deals on repos. It would be a crying shame for you to sell your pride and joy. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I agree. You have put together a really sweet ride!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. My other goal I'm trying to achieve is to get something that I won't mind off-roading with and towing my quads. The Denali is so nice and clean everywhere, I hate to even take it off road. I usually have friends bring over their trucks to tow my trailer when we go riding!