GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

WANTED... procharger d1 head unit...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SO DO YOU KNOW IF ITS JUST THE IMPELLER TO GET TO the d1 trim or is there gearing to be swapped too?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol ok that was quick.. ok soooooo he said the impeller he sales will make about 2-3 lbs more boost then the p1 impeller so its not as good as the d1 impeller from procharger, and he said the units has to be completely dissembled to swap it out and he charges $105 bucks to do the labor .
Old 04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Baltimore Whore

The D1 and P1 are same gear ratios, and blower housings, inlets, out lets.. The Impeller wheel is what is the main difference.. You call and talk to PC they tell you the impeller is the biggest change, won't give you any other details as far as what is done.. Thats because imo, there isn't any other then them putting new seals, bearings in there.. I have seen the inside of these things, they are pretty cut and dry.. He told you 2-3 more lbs?? But at what rpm does this happen. The P1 lags a bit more then the D1, my truck is night and day diff, the top side is completely different.. I am sure PC has a pat on there wheels, as they do on all there stuff, it is all made in house by them. i bet that wheel isn't far off from a actual D1 wheel as far as what it can flow.. I would find out exactly where it makes the diff at, if it stays efficient all through out the rpm's.. You need to pick that guys brain a little bit. 4xx is alot cheaper then 2k..
Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Baltimore Whore

Also as far as swapping the wheels, all that needs to be done is remove the back cover(outlet), take the allen bolt out.. Now the trick part is getting the old impeller off.. The guy at procharger to me it takes them about 2 hours to do it, i laughed at him.. I used a set of smooth jaw vise grips, clamped it to the very inside of the impeller blades on the old wheel. Next I had a bottle of R22( refrigerante) I mated to a hose, a air blower.. Put the blower in a vise to hold it.. Took, heated up the inner part of the impeller wheel, but not on the shaft, not to hot.. Then took and stuck the nozzle into the bolt hole of the shaft, turned the bottle upside down, so it came out in liquid form. Basically froze the shaft. Then took and pulled on the grips, my dad tapped the shaft with a rubber hammer, untill it came off. Took a total of about 30 mn.. Then put it back together the same way..
Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah he said his wheel is allot less complicated then the actual d1 wheels, if you pull up a pic of a actual d1 impeller you can see a big difference then the one he sells. he told me his will make 2-3 lbs more on the low to mid range , but he didnt get into specifics . and none of his work is warren teed it is all sold as is so that kinda makes me worried.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
yeah he said his wheel is allot less complicated then the actual d1 wheels, if you pull up a pic of a actual d1 impeller you can see a big difference then the one he sells. he told me his will make 2-3 lbs more on the low to mid range , but he didnt get into specifics . and none of his work is warren teed it is all sold as is so that kinda makes me worried.
They have done a bunch of builds and fresh ups for people.. I wouldn't be worried about it.. If you buy a used D1 your not getting a war with it, your spending a lot more money.. Or your going to buy a new one for 2xxx$.. So for 4xx buks, you can take your time, do it yourself or for 6xx you can have them do it.. I know that wheel is def diff then the D1 wheel, after seeing pics on the web, it was a notice, but once I had the 2 side by side, I was like oh damn.. lol
Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

last bump b4 i send my head unit in... any body got a d1 ??