GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

WTB~ 4l65e 4x4 trans...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB~ 4l65e 4x4 trans...

Im looking for a 2004+ 4l65e 4x4 (awd) trans. reasonable miles and stock. Dont want something thats been beat on and slips. Have cash in hand.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

PM 2BFAST, he has one in near stock form with low and abuse free miles. Think it has vette servos and a shift kit. I can vouch for the quality of the trans, he hardly drives his truck, its a total garage ****!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by zachm89
PM 2BFAST, he has one in near stock form with low and abuse free miles. Think it has vette servos and a shift kit. I can vouch for the quality of the trans, he hardly drives his truck, its a total garage ****!
Thanks for the heads up. I seen his FS ad and I would have been on it if it didnt say his truck was sprayed in his sig at the time. My old SS only had 42k on it but I went through 3 motors, 3 tannys, 2 rears, 5 clutches , 4 cams, 4 sets of heads and a turbo. You dont build 'em to baby 'em.

I want something that is going to be reliable. I drive ~35k/ year.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Thanks for the heads up. I seen his FS ad and I would have been on it if it didnt say his truck was sprayed in his sig at the time. My old SS only had 42k on it but I went through 3 motors, 3 tannys, 2 rears, 5 clutches , 4 cams, 4 sets of heads and a turbo. You dont build 'em to baby 'em.

I want something that is going to be reliable. I drive ~35k/ year.
Fortunatly I never did spray on that transmission which you had already asked if I had in the F/S thread and answered no. It has 42k miles of un-molested miles. This tranny is about as reliable as they get and Zach obviously can vouch for it along with others if need be.

I do have an ol boy that has verbaly commited and was supposed to be here to pick it up this weekend but something came up so he post poned it to next weekend. I can let you know if he falls through if you would like.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zachm89
he hardly drives his truck, its a total garage ****!
lol.....
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2BFAST
Fortunatly I never did spray on that transmission which you had already asked if I had in the F/S thread and answered no. It has 42k miles of un-molested miles. This tranny is about as reliable as they get and Zach obviously can vouch for it along with others if need be.

I do have an ol boy that has verbaly commited and was supposed to be here to pick it up this weekend but something came up so he post poned it to next weekend. I can let you know if he falls through if you would like.
It has a shift kit, right? What brand and what setting? Let me know what happens. Have the stock stall around?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

It has a shift kit, right? What brand and what setting? Let me know what happens. Have the stock stall around?
Yes, Superior shift kit, Superior billet 1-2 and overdrive servos, Sonnax boost valve, GM updated seperator plate. Also turned the force motor adjusting screw 1/8 of a turn.

Not sure what your talking about "setting"?? I believe Trans-Go has "settings" as my 46RE kit for my R/T from Trans-Go had that.

And I do have the stock converter. I will advise to have it flushed as it has sat in the corner of the shop at work for well over a year. So who knows what has got in it such as dust ect. Your call on that one
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM

What does messing with the force motor screw do? Im not too keen on auto. My SS was a 6. The only thing Ive ever done to an auto was put in a HD2 and stall. I know the Trans Go kits have "levels" so thats why I asked. Im an auto dummy.

Let me see what a regular reman stall goes for first, I guess. Let me know if your first deal falls through.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will a 4L70 work? If Rat Raceway has one for sale on here. FLT I believe..
Old 11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

What does messing with the force motor screw do? Im not too keen on auto. My SS was a 6. The only thing Ive ever done to an auto was put in a HD2 and stall. I know the Trans Go kits have "levels" so thats why I asked. Im an auto dummy.

Let me see what a regular reman stall goes for first, I guess. Let me know if your first deal falls through.
No Superior does not have levels like the Trans-Go does. The force motor or "electronic pressure control solenoid" has to do with regulating line pressure. Adjusting the screw will raise line pressure for firmer shifts. It can also be done in the tune, but im old school and use the motor.

Quick Reply: WTB~ 4l65e 4x4 trans...