Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, PM sent.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
LOL whats wrong wit khumo's Of of my fav vids, I ***** it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_xBuE6ks4
haha YESS!must be nice to have power to spin like that!! i love my caltrac style bars...cured wheel hop for sure and helped my ride a bit....i can still do burnouts just as easy as before!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

seems like as many people on here that are trying to make traction devices and trying to purchase cal tracs, looks like calvert or someone would play ball and be a little competitive for us. We are here saying hey give us a chance to spend money although we dont want to spend a ton when the concept is there and we can have them made, why not offer us a deal and sell some more units as a group. Hell im in I have been debating this for a while but 350 is a good bit to spend on somthing that can be made fairly easy? Does anyone have any ideas as to how this could happen?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Launching!

i got some caltraks a month ago for 250 they made a diff. on my allwheel drive ss
Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

where did you pick em up for 250?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Launching!

for a member on another forum , one of those deals being at the right place at the right time good luck on your search
Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

All right, you guys have my attention. Well I did start on some traction bars, but got busy and distracted away from them. I have bars to build 5 sets right now, I just have to build the mounts for them. So would $275 shipped be a good price point for you guys? I haven't get the mount design set in stone yet, but will be Caltrac style, but won't pivot off the spring eye, instead they will attach to the spring right behind the eye and pivot there, so you don't have to remove the gas tank to install them. I am finishing up a turbo kit right now, and will have some pics to post up later this week. This first batch will be for non-flipped axles only till I can see what I will have to change to make them work on flipped axles too. Let me know who is interested for sure.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
SPAM HUNTER

I just installed some caltracs on my roomy's truck. 05 rcss forged 6 liter, 76mm turbo and 80e. If he went wot in 1st it would spool then hit 2nd and just blow the tires off. Right after installing them he did as usual and when it hit 2nd it spun maybe 10 feet then just hooked and went

I would personally get caltracs. I feel they are worth the money.

Also you only have to put a floor jack under the tank loosen the 2 bolts from the straps and move it out of the way. But you need to press out the old bushings and press in the aluminum ones they provide, this took a good deal of effort from a big press i was really surprised, also this means pull the springs all the way out initially it will save you about 2 hours ******* with it.

EDIT: I have no idea what kyles kit is going to look like or how it will work this is my opinion, im not saying dont buy his setup im just saying i found one that works, and i like the way it works so I, MYSELF, AS IN ME, would buy caltracs.

THERE YOU BABY...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Last edited by 2005 Silverado; 11-03-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

not bad kb, pics when avail plz.. and does the bushing still have to come out like caltracs?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lownslo06
seems like as many people on here that are trying to make traction devices and trying to purchase cal tracs, looks like calvert or someone would play ball and be a little competitive for us. We are here saying hey give us a chance to spend money although we dont want to spend a ton when the concept is there and we can have them made, why not offer us a deal and sell some more units as a group. ...
Yes, u would think. Calvert isn't payin attn. or doesn't care. But if he wants $40 more for the same bars as before, in this economy. He can keep em. The lower price, maybe. It's funny, ya try to give a co. business, but they can't/ don't want to do a GP. I understand not wanting to discount your work. But, if say u had 10 sets @ $295. Call it $300 for the math. That's $3,000 that otherwise u didn't have in your co. And he'd get the $ all @ once.

Seems like a slam dunk! Guess not.

Originally Posted by kbracing96
All right, you guys have my attention. Well I did start on some traction bars, but got busy and distracted away from them. I have bars to build 5 sets right now, I just have to build the mounts for them. So would $275 shipped be a good price point for you guys? I haven't get the mount design set in stone yet, but will be Caltrac style, but won't pivot off the spring eye, instead they will attach to the spring right behind the eye and pivot there, so you don't have to remove the gas tank to install them. I am finishing up a turbo kit right now, and will have some pics to post up later this week. This first batch will be for non-flipped axles only till I can see what I will have to change to make them work on flipped axles too. Let me know who is interested for sure.
I thought u forgot bout us Kyle.

Are u gonna do versions? Like I have a 4" Hochkis drop. Will u have somethin compatible for my setup?

Oh ya, post pics or I'll have to say...

Quick Reply: WTB Cal-Tracs