GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

WTB gauging interest in a sts kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much for complete kit with an without the turbo? Both prices plz.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by youngbuck
How much for complete kit with an without the turbo? Both prices plz.
Non-intercooled kit like this with out the turbo would be $1900.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could u pm me with details an info of non intercooled vs intercooled, price an performance difference. Thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Non-intercooled kit like this with out the turbo would be $1900.
Thanks for the info. looking forward to picking one of these up.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Yes, It uses the stock manifold on the drivers side and a fabricated one the pass side. It's a standard MP T70, 3" down pipe kit, just non-intercooled. Will come with most everything you need except fuel system, tune and some misc hardware. Here is some pics...

so whats the price on this kit, and what will be needed to complete the install, injectors, tune..... This is my first turbo kit to install, just wanna know what im getting myself into. And is it $1900 for all the piping-turbo on this kit as well. Do you happen to have any video of this kit installed on a stock5.3... And will this non intercooled kit be safe to run w/o an intercooler for a while, I will eventually add one just wondering if its ok to run without. Im still finding out some research on the sts kit as well. Basically im trying to get boosted for like $2-2,700 ready to go and all needed. Just the install will be on me hopefully wont screw anything up
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Yes, It uses the stock manifold on the drivers side and a fabricated one the pass side. It's a standard MP T70, 3" down pipe kit, just non-intercooled. Will come with most everything you need except fuel system, tune and some misc hardware. Here is some pics...

Dont mean to hijack your thread but I am trying to decide on a turbo or SC kit for my 2010 for towing only ......... KYLE couple questions on a kit like this are the wastegate and BOV included , if you add an intercooler is the 70 still the right size for low rpm towing when will boost start to come in max boost 5-6 should be enough ? ........ Added parts tune and injectors .....assume you would also need a 2 bar map and what about the IAT sensor .do you leave in the stock location ? At that low boost is there a need for meth
Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Launching!

very nice ???'s indeed
Old 11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm selling this type of non-intercooled kit for $2500. The MP T70 turbo has made over 600hp on a few of these trucks,

Yes, it uses the stock manifold on the Drivers side.
Originally Posted by chacho44
so whats the price on this kit, and what will be needed to complete the install, injectors, tune..... This is my first turbo kit to install, just wanna know what im getting myself into. And is it $1900 for all the piping-turbo on this kit as well. Do you happen to have any video of this kit installed on a stock5.3... And will this non intercooled kit be safe to run w/o an intercooler for a while, I will eventually add one just wondering if its ok to run without. Im still finding out some research on the sts kit as well. Basically im trying to get boosted for like $2-2,700 ready to go and all needed. Just the install will be on me hopefully wont screw anything up
The non-intercooled kit with MP T70 turbo is $2500 and you will still need a fuel system and tune. It's the same as my intercooled kits which are $3300, only with-out the intercooler and associated piping. It is just fine to run with out an intercooler, just needs tuned accordingly and keep the boost in check.

Originally Posted by youngbuck
Could u pm me with details an info of non intercooled vs intercooled, price an performance difference. Thanks
See above, and PM with any more questions.

Originally Posted by CDN SS
Dont mean to hijack your thread but I am trying to decide on a turbo or SC kit for my 2010 for towing only ......... KYLE couple questions on a kit like this are the wastegate and BOV included , if you add an intercooler is the 70 still the right size for low rpm towing when will boost start to come in max boost 5-6 should be enough ? ........ Added parts tune and injectors .....assume you would also need a 2 bar map and what about the IAT sensor .do you leave in the stock location ? At that low boost is there a need for meth
Yes, the WG and BOV are included, just like with all my kits. A T70 will be a great towing turbo with or without an intercooler. It's great all around turbo for these motors. For lower boost, you should have no problem keeping the 1 bar MAP and MAF. Meth can be used with any boost level.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

hmmmm
Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Anybody

Quick Reply: WTB gauging interest in a sts kit