Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

'01 Headlight Replacement Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Do you have any recollection of which eBay lights fit well and which ones didnt? I'm guessing not since like you said there is quite the variety.
Spyder-manufactured lights generally fit very well. There is usually a slight variation from pair to pair but I'm never sure if it's not just the car's mounting points. I have only tried to purchase the cheaper lights once, they were crap you might find on a 92 Camry that got riced. Molding was poor, seams were overfilled; basically looked like someone took an OE light and put it in a Play-Dough mold.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburbazine
Spyder-manufactured lights generally fit very well. There is usually a slight variation from pair to pair but I'm never sure if it's not just the car's mounting points. I have only tried to purchase the cheaper lights once, they were crap you might find on a 92 Camry that got riced. Molding was poor, seams were overfilled; basically looked like someone took an OE light and put it in a Play-Dough mold.
Thanks for the info. The link I posted were indeed Spyder, and I think they look pretty clean, not too ricerish at all. I will post up how they fit once installed.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Thanks for the info. The link I posted were indeed Spyder, and I think they look pretty clean, not too ricerish at all. I will post up how they fit once installed.
I didn't even look before, lol. Yes those will fit very nicely. Spyder also sells complete conversion kits for GMT-800 trucks that make the headlights and grille similar in style to the GMT-900 trucks.

Only beef I have with clear chrome headlights is the local popo simply LOVE pointing their laserguns into them to zap you speeding.