Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

120 mph gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty sure you just bought the bezle and the overlay.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.3_RCStepside
Here is what i just bought. should I be able to hook up the tran gauge. I hope so I like teh navy blue background.Escalade gauge and dash cluster
If this is ALL that you have bought, you have nothing to put it on. You only have purchased a bezel and gauge face (an overlay, if you will).

In order to properly use these, you need a Denali/Escalade gauge cluster unit(this piece actually plugs into your truck). Such as this: Denali gauge cluster

And yes, as mentioned earlier: the trans gauge will work (as the trucks are properly wired for this) and the mileage will have to be programmed or a sticker placed in the door frame stating actual mileage (I believe there is a formal sticker for this).
Old 10-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snakeoiler
If this is ALL that you have bought, you have nothing to put it on. You only have purchased a bezel and gauge face (an overlay, if you will).

In order to properly use these, you need a Denali/Escalade gauge cluster unit(this piece actually plugs into your truck). Such as this: Denali gauge cluster

And yes, as mentioned earlier: the trans gauge will work (as the trucks are properly wired for this) and the mileage will have to be programmed or a sticker placed in the door frame stating actual mileage (I believe there is a formal sticker for this).
Thank you for teh info just another question to make sure I understand.

So i cant just replace the front peice and keep the old gauge. I really just wanted the Front dash peice the gauge face just happpened to come with it. If i cant use the gauge that is fine I will just use my old one until i get a white faced gauge that is for my truck. I just love the look of the escalade front. the crome rings around the gauges look nice. And if I cant use either I will have to find the rest of the parts at a junk yard or somewhere else I guess dont want to but I will if i have to.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think you will be able to use the bezle which is the balck peice with crome around the gauges with the clear plastic piece!! you wont be able to use the overlas on stock gauge cluster because the speedo would be off. the next thing you will need to buy is a denali cluster. they have buy it nows on e-bay for around $190 you might be able to pick up a used one for cheaper.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i cant just replace the front peice and keep the old gauge. I really just wanted the Front dash peice the gauge face just happpened to come with it. If i cant use the gauge that is fine I will just use my old one until i get a white faced gauge that is for my truck. I just love the look of the escalade front. the crome rings around the gauges look nice. And if I cant use either I will have to find the rest of the parts at a junk yard or somewhere else I guess dont want to but I will if i have to.
So you just want to use the Sclade gage applique and bezel? If you have just a stock Silverado cluster it wont really work. The speedo will be off. You need to have Denali cluster with a 120 speedo if you want to convert gage appliques. Your best bet would be to buy an Escalade cluster.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMan
i think you will be able to use the bezle which is the balck peice with crome around the gauges with the clear plastic piece!! you wont be able to use the overlas on stock gauge cluster because the speedo would be off. the next thing you will need to buy is a denali cluster. they have buy it nows on e-bay for around $190 you might be able to pick up a used one for cheaper.
Cool that is what i needed to know. I dont need a 120mph gauge I will just use the Bezle and get a white faced gauge replacement for my truck later.

Thanks for all the Info Guys and gals moding this truck is alot more technical than my 84 silverado was hehe.

Darrell
Old 10-24-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool that is what i needed to know. I dont need a 120mph gauge I will just use the Bezle and get a white faced gauge replacement for my truck later.

Thanks for all the Info Guys and gals moding this truck is alot more technical than my 84 silverado was hehe.

Darrell
i was the same way when i forst started working on my truck. best thing is to ask questions, like you did!! thats how i learned the little that i know.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, you can put the bezel on there - that's OK. Just don't use the gauge face overlay - as they said your speedo will be off.

If you want a white gauge face that will work for your cluster, I have one. PM or email me.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Has anyone seen these before or used it? Trans Temp Gauge