GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

1999 to 2002 Silverado Sierra Power Window Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1999 to 2002 Silverado Sierra Power Window Wiring

Hello all,

I wanted power windows in my 2002 Silverado WT. I got a 2000 Sierra parts truck and immediately realized I’m missing all the wiring. The fuse box by the door had way more relays and fuses on the donor truck than mine I didn’t even have unpinned slots for them. The passenger side junction box was the same.

So I pulled the door and disconnected the harness on each side. The passenger had 2 “square” connectors and one long rectangular connector. The drivers door had only one “square” connector and one long rectangular connector.

I put the doors side by side and peeled all the looms.

Drivers side:

Looking at the picture above, left connector, the dark brown and dark blue go to the window motor. The green is power. Light blue is passenger up and tan is passenger down.

The heavy gauge black wire in the connector on the right is ground.

Passenger Side:

Dark blue and brown go to the window motor. Green is power. Light blue is window up from the master switch. Tan is window down from the master switch. The three black wires all connect together to form the ground. You’ll notice one heavy gauge black wire I cut off next to them, it did nothing for the windows.

Wiring it in:

So the green from each door will need power. The black from each door will need to be grounded. The light blues from each door will connect directly to each other, same with the tans just connect them directly to each other.

I had this set up with a 12 V battery from a drill for power and both windows functioned as they should with the passenger and driver switches.

i’ll be installing this sometime this week in my truck at which point I’ll update the thread on where I ground and power the windows from/to.

I have not messed with the power locks as I’ll be installing a universal keyless entry/alarm with stand alone actuators.
The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (08-07-2024)