Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

2000 rcsb 4.3 Manual transmission..truck takes to long to pick up speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Throwin parts based on complaint without an actual thorough diag being done....
Old 10-19-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a call from my mechinic (my mechinic of 10 years) this the guy that did most of the work on my vette..he said the spark plugs and wires and rotor seems like all brand new parts,he tested the maf sensor and fuel system and said everything checked out good,,he said it needs a new clutch kit and slave cylinder and cat..$875 out the door..I gave him the ok to do the work and he said it'll be ready in 2 days
Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Clutch slipping???
Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

You ever get truck back??? Any improvement??
Old 10-22-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
You ever get truck back??? Any improvement??
I just got it back this morning..
Very big improvement..
It turned out to be the slave cylinder and a fuel filter..he recommended I change the clutch out to because it was wore out and looked original so I did and now I got a new clutch kit,slave cylinder and FUEL filter and everything is back to normal..he also said the spark plugs wires distributed all that seemed brand new so no need to change that out..
Truck drives like its suppose to now..he didn't change the cat converter out because the one he had was also bad and he told me just leave mines on it as is and just deal with the little rattle it has..sence I plan on doing a 6.0 swap In a few months he said it didn't make sence to spend more money ontop of the clutch job..

I showed him the diagnostic report from the other shop and he LOL"Ed lololol..I think the previous shop browses this fourm.

Here's the previous diagnostic report that I had to pay $95 for smh

They even said I needed a airfilter even though I put a brand new one the day before my clutch went out lol
Old 10-22-2015, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not to mention that if they were doing the clutch and cat at same time there should be no extra labor, cat has to come out anyway!!! And wtf $256 to replace the clutch master.... And theyre charging for flexplate for an automatic... What a crock of !!!!! Seein **** like that pisses me off, doesnt help that i deal with money happy service advisors everyday that will wrote stuff up like that not having a damned clue what the hell theyre doing!!!

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 10-22-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just read over your estimate again.... Wow, you arent kidding about him browsing the forum he recommended EVERYTHING we discussed checking in this thread alone.... Wow!!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:39 PM

Just read over your estimate again.... Wow, you arent kidding about him browsing the forum he recommended EVERYTHING we discussed checking in this thread alone.... Wow!!
My truck has been to 3 different shops sence my last post was 10-22-2015 and i just got it back yesterday..all those shops ended up calling me to come pick it up because they couldnt figure out what was wrong with it and the last shop sent me to a muffler shop because he thought it was the cats,muffler shop checked it out amd although the cats were old they weren't the problem..its WAS depressing all this time at these shops amd they couldnt figure it out,,THEN i remembered when i brought the truck it did not have an air filter in it amd it was running "ok" so i took the air filter out and drove it around amd sure enough it was back to running just "ok",,this morning i said the hell with it and went brought a brand new maf sensor and another new airfilter and GUESS WHAT?its running fantastic lol..i knowi should of listen and just replaced the maf instead of cleaning it but we live amd we learn lol...its crazy because aftet the clutch install it was running pretty good amd then it got worse..the truck wasnt throwing any codes or CEL but i still cant beleive all these so called professionals couldnt think of checking the maf sensor...i guess for anyone whos reading this amd is haveing some of the same symptoms without any codes or CEL on,check the MAF sensors..man these past couple months all i was able to think of is my truck and how bad i want to drive it and now my dream has come true,,i dont want to jinx my truck but so far so good and i hope it stays that way..

Thanks guys

Now i know its better to just get a brand new maf sensor instead of just cleaning it,, $90 well spent
Old 12-22-2015, 06:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Glad you got it fixed, finally
Old 12-22-2015, 12:55 PM

Glad you got it fixed, finally
Oh yea im glad to..its been a depressing few months lolol all i could of think of is my truck but thanks alot for all the advuce wolftrk..u da man

Quick Reply: 2000 rcsb 4.3 Manual transmission..truck takes to long to pick up speed