Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

2011 silverado engine knocking @ 3k

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 48548
I bought the warranty after the oil pump because my sun roof broke again for the 3 rd time. I am on my 4th one counting the original one.
This is why I got the extended warranty I am tired of paying 1000 to get this fixed because of gm's bad design on the sun roof... I have had 3 break in the same place....

Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

My wife's Yukon is in the shop for #5 piston being crack in half. Been making the wrist pin noise for 2 years now. Dealer after dealer said piston slap. WRONG!! Left us stranded at my grandma's funeral in Arkansas. Only thing saving us we bought it used in 08 @ James Woods and it had magnaflow exhaust and a K&N filter on it. At first, they said VOID warranty. Then I raised HELL with factory REP. Also showed proof of mods when I bought it and how many times we took it to dealer for various things, water leaks, transfer case 3 times (still leaking) and the engine noises over and over...

They did take a snap shot of other than factory calibration.

I have come to the conclusion that the only GM product worth a crap too me is the one that you build yourself.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mideval, Your conclusion is correct !
Damn 5.13's? How tall are the tires? Have I seen this @ Kennnedale or North Star?
The 2011 is back at the dealer now. Not that they will do anything! But I am working on the paper trail and notes that I am sure I will need down the road. No way this thing will make 100K with this noise! POS
Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RacinRust
Mideval, Your conclusion is correct !
Damn 5.13's? How tall are the tires? Have I seen this @ Kennnedale or North Star?
The 2011 is back at the dealer now. Not that they will do anything! But I am working on the paper trail and notes that I am sure I will need down the road. No way this thing will make 100K with this noise! POS
I have only been to HMP with it. I don't know what I am going to tow it with to the shootout....

Daily tires are 31.8" and track tires are 27". Makes for QUICK shifting at the track.

Paper work is your best Ally. I have 13 GM products in my immediate family right now. I mean within a 20 mile radius. Not including the classic's. GM rep asked me this too. I also told him we were prepared to trade in everyone of them at Gullo FORD in Conroe. HELL, Gullo said they'd give 26K for the Denali the way it sits!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

With 27" & 5.13's I'd say quick is an understatement, But fun as hell!
My employer services the mobile equipment at the GM SUV plant. Insiders at the plant have given me a few tips on how to speed up this warranty process.
My family is the same way. A family function looks like a chevy truck plant. Hell out of 9 of us the race cars alone range from 1955 to 1969.
What kind of 60 foots you get out of that thing?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Regular

With 27" & 5.13's I'd say quick is an understatement, But fun as hell!
My employer services the mobile equipment at the GM SUV plant. Insiders at the plant have given me a few tips on how to speed up this warranty process.
My family is the same way. A family function looks like a chevy truck plant. Hell out of 9 of us the race cars alone range from 1955 to 1969.
What kind of 60 foots you get out of that thing?
Without a two-step it is impossible to get a consistent launch. I have gotten a best 0f 1.69 and worst....? 2.20. I need to be running a taller tire but I hate to lose ANY of my gear, since I'm N/A. I would love a 1.5 but 27X10.5's aren't gonna do it. Might try some 6000 rpm dumps at the shootout.

Please do tell how to speed it up. I have been paying on a 50K SUV and haven't seen it in a Looong time....
Old 04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have already dipped into the 1.69's the power is there for sure!
Now a little chassis tweek you'd have even more fun!
My 69 Camaro runs mid 1.20's on 28X10's and leaf springs.
I know that truck has a lot more in it!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

If you have already dipped into the 1.69's the power is there for sure!
Now a little chassis tweek you'd have even more fun!
My 69 Camaro runs mid 1.20's on 28X10's and leaf springs.
I know that truck has a lot more in it!
Tell me whatcha think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7XDcn05usw
Old 04-09-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is a fast truck ! You treed the hell out of the TA. Did I hear the truck lay down a little at 60ft.? Sounds like you have plenty of motor!
Have you figured out your instant center yet? I guess at this stage your next big question is how streetable do you keep it!
Go to Calvert Racing website. They worked with me for almost a year till I found my various set ups. Real nice people.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

That is a fast truck ! You treed the hell out of the TA. Did I hear the truck lay down a little at 60ft.? Sounds like you have plenty of motor!
Have you figured out your instant center yet? I guess at this stage your next big question is how streetable do you keep it!
Go to Calvert Racing website. They worked with me for almost a year till I found my various set ups. Real nice people.
Nah, that was me granny shifting 2nd. Truck unloads tires about 30 ft out. I haven't played with the cal-trac's at all. Pinion angle wasn't aggressive enough that night either. I was concerned with the output shaft on the trans surviving. 5.13's should keep it safe so I was gonna step up the setup next time out.

Quick Reply: 2011 silverado engine knocking @ 3k