GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

24 tries to bring up the new ls1tech.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 24 tries to bring up the new ls1tech.com

I was right tackle.......

back in highschool I had a hairline fracture on my foot when I was on junior varsity.....I couldnt (wouldnt) play....... i didnt care, coach was more pissed than I was....

infact, I wasn't pissed at all. Because running around in 100 degree temps with 90% humidity, 15 pounds of equipment on your ***, and 20 second water breaks every hour is real fun.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Banned

15#...hell shoulder pads alone weighed that much, then that heavy *** helmet-0-death. i didn't mind the heat so much after about a week i got use to it...it was running the gassers after practice that sucked. and then after the gassers on monday and wednesday going into the weight room and working out after practice and conditioning. thursdays were fun though, quick game walk through and some film time and packing gear up for the road trip friday or saturday. i played my entire junior year with the thumb messed up and my acl partially torn and mcl torn completely...it was great, after each game i could barely walk down the hill to the field house.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, football isn't really my bag (playing it atleast)....at my size, the coaches were pissed, cuz it was written on my forehead I gave a poopy about the game and i'm sittin there with nearly excellent lineman physical stats (height and weight) at age 16.........blah, tough poo.....

guess those cigarettes before practice never really helped :/ I never got along with the coaches, and quite honestly gave a poo about playing anyway... Forgive me, but being a lineman in itself is possibly the most un-accredited, boring position on the field. Ofcourse we know its pretty much the most important, as any qb or running back will tell ya. Fact is, you got to really love the game to play it.

Ive played b-ball since i was a kid, and that will always be the sport I enjoy.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah, football isn't really my bag (playing it atleast)....at my size, the coaches were pissed, cuz it was written on my forehead I gave a poopy about the game and i'm sittin there with nearly excellent lineman physical stats (height and weight) at age 16.........blah, tough poo.....

Ya I know what you mean. Im a really big guy and the coaches did everything but offer me money to play football. But, being that I am part fish I swam and did waterpolo all four years (varsity) Also I didnt play well with the football players.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

I miss my old days at NIMITZ high school in Irving TX dragging tractor trailer tires around a track while wearing full gear and then having the defensive coach pick me up with one arm and cussing to me about not taking two extra steps......yep those were da days