Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

325hp 2.0L Pontiac Solstace COMING SOON!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An LS7 powered "Judge" would be sweet. The GTO just looks too much like the old Grand Prix though. It needs to be more like the new Dodge Challanger. That car is sweet as hell. It looks more like a Chip Foose custom rod to me.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

As far as I'm concerned Toyota took a leap past gm this year.
The RCSB Tundra with the iForce 5.7 liter is the truck all of us have been hoping gm would build the past few years now. WTF... Yeah it don't look as nice as the Silverado but it's specs are undeniably impressive.

chevyracer83, Why do you capitalize every word? It hurts my eyes reading **** like that?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
What about the new GTO, yes or no, maybe? If yes, anything like the Judge?

Thanks.

SORRY MAN GOTTA GO CORPORATE ON U AND SAY.... I CANNOT CONFIRM THAT... BUT THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR PERFORMANCE FREAKS
Old 02-21-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I Work For Gm... And All Gm Systems Require Caps Lock Be On... And Since I Jump Between Work Crap Then Breeze Thru Here For A Sec... I Forget Its On..
Old 02-21-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry guys... Ill try to remember to take caps lock off
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chevyracer83 should be the next president of the United States
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Talking

Back on topic, a vendor on another site showed us all just how efficient the little 2.0 liters are if you take off the power robbing supercharger...

With only a 1lb of boost increase from going T/C'ed and unbolting the S/C they gained 76HP and 59TQ, w/ no lag either...Dynoing 323WHP w/ a slipping clutch, they are shooting for 340+WHP once they replace the clutch w/ a stronger one and finish tuning it...The car dynoed 247WHP w/ the S/C...so it is possible folks...

Just food for thought...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back off topic...Chevyracer, my opinion is GM has too many "analysts" that are narrow minded. GM seems to have resorted back to the conservative 1980's with middle of the road everything. The 05+ Z06 is a step out for sure but the vette design team seems to be set apart from the rest of GM. BTW i'm a vettem man that likes to play with my DD truck. You know back in the early 80's they made CA vehicles and then others for the other 49. Why can't they do that now? But, as previously stated, they don't even have to do that! Just give a better platform to build off of. How about just the cubes but de-tuned. I know you said that you are keeping things adaptable but If you recall a distributor out of a 1955 sbc 265 or a 1965 396 bbc will bolt into a late 90's sbc and made to run. That kind of adaptability is why gm still dominates in the aftermarket and also promotes a following.
Look how many guys have taken nearly new trucks and adpated a T56 into their trucks just on this forum. There has to be at least a dozen that are either complete or near complete. It isn't someting someone wouldn't even attempt without the shop, tools, time, fabrication and mechanical abilities to do. Imagine how many would buy one if it was offered brand new with no work and at a reasonable price and not a 50k srt10. How about a base model with a T56 and L92/L76 option? Well hell, Joe gibbs put out 395hp on a 4.8 5 speed and offered a warranty and having owned one i'm confident it wouldn't ever break un-modded. Come on GM! There is concervative and there is rediculous! The upcoming buyers are childern of the baby boomers which typically grew up in middle to upper middle class, went to college, and have good paying jobs for play toys and not worrying about how many baby seats we can fit in our Malibu! Me and the wife aren't planning on kids as well as many of my friends. Wake UP GM! Or I will have to move on.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I Said... We Appreciate All Of Your Loyalty... And If You Can Just Stick It Out A Little Longer.... We Are Shifting The Right Direction... But We Need Your Support.... I Know It Seems Very Hard To Support Something That Has Shown Little To No Promise....

But Take My Word For Whatever It Is Worth To You, And I Am Telling You... The New Z06 Was The Beginning Of A New Chapter For Gm.

With The Displacement On Demand Technology.... We Are Leaping In An Era Where We Can Have 300... 400... Even 500 Hp... In Dd Vehicles And Get Reasonable, If Not Great Mileage...

Also If I Can Pull Up Some Pics Of The Test Vehicle For The New G8 That Will Replace The Grand Prix.... We Have A Few Lhd Versions Being Tested In Australia Presently.... And Maybe A Few Closer.... But You Get The Idea.... The Shift Is Actively Taking Place Right In Front Of You..... Just Give Us The Time....
Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Chevyracer83 should be the next president of the United States

HAHA... THANKS BRO.... BUT POLITICS REALLY ARENT MY THING...

Quick Reply: 325hp 2.0L Pontiac Solstace COMING SOON!!!!