Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

60# Injector install

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nice set up! The guy who is dyno tuning my truck said that I should look at getting 60# injectors in the near future. The first pull ran the duty rating to 89% at 5280rpms. The second pull before the driveshaft snapped had me at 85% duty rating at almost 6000rpms. But those will have to wait for now. Next thing on the list is a set a good tires. The stock tires are 255/70 r16. I am interested if anyone nows the widest tire I can run on the stock rims 16x6.5, that won't look stupid or cause damage to the tire.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by terravast4
What size bolts did you use after adding the spacers??
I threw away the package and don't remember. I just pulled one out and carried it into the hardware store and found same size in stainless and about 5/8" longer.

Originally Posted by shakesvho
+2 on the engine bay, nice and clean
Thanks, I do a simple green spray down and rinse couple times a year. Helps that the engine leaks nothing.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeff46614
Wow, nice set up! The guy who is dyno tuning my truck said that I should look at getting 60# injectors in the near future. The first pull ran the duty rating to 89% at 5280rpms. The second pull before the driveshaft snapped had me at 85% duty rating at almost 6000rpms. But those will have to wait for now. Next thing on the list is a set a good tires. The stock tires are 255/70 r16. I am interested if anyone nows the widest tire I can run on the stock rims 16x6.5, that won't look stupid or cause damage to the tire.
Anything over 80% its time for bigger is the general rule. I passed that a long time ago. Sorry to hear about the DS. I stay away from Dyno's for that very reason. Been once and stayed clear of the truck with my fingers crossed.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Managed to get a little done today. Two connectors on. Did a little babysitting the grand kids or I'd have gotten one side done. Tedious as hell soldering up under the hood, 2 hands and 5 things to hold onto.

One wire soldered.

Heat shrink after the solder.

Taped up after that.

Then completely off topic. Don't know what it is about this area. 44 years old and don't remember seeing a Black Widow Spider until moving in here. We kill at least a dozen like this every summer at this place. Notice the 2 large bugs this one has been munching on.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Managed to get a little done today. Two connectors on. Did a little babysitting the grand kids or I'd have gotten one side done. Tedious as hell soldering up under the hood, 2 hands and 5 things to hold onto.

One wire soldered.

Looking good! Quick question, does it matter what wire goes to what pin on the injector? I have yet to splice and may do it this weekend. Thank you for posting up the great pics!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, in all my travels I have never seen a black widow....creepy!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by krambo
Looking good! Quick question, does it matter what wire goes to what pin on the injector? I have yet to splice and may do it this weekend. Thank you for posting up the great pics!
I asked that question here once and the answer was no it does not matter. I am wiring to the same post as the old injectors. All my pigtails have a solid pinkish wire and I'm putting that on the right, or rearward post of the new injectors like it was with the 43# ers.

Link to the thread. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=injector+wire

Last edited by KySilverado; 06-04-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
Wow, in all my travels I have never seen a black widow....creepy!
Yes they are creepy. Aggressive to. **** them off and they will come after you!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shakesvho
+2 on the engine bay, nice and clean
+3 on your engine bay....When I am done installing my Radix I want it to look that good.

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Yes they are creepy. Aggressive to. **** them off and they will come after you!
I thought that Black Widows were only located in the western and southwestern parts of the U.S. (warmer climates). They are closer to me than I would like!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

One bank down. One to go. It's not a mod that someone could readily pick up on with and open hood

Quick Reply: 60# Injector install