Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

ABS and Parking lights are on

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and Parking lights are on

OK so my ABS and Parking lights are on the truck is an 00' rcsb 4wd I cleaned the wheel speed sensors and had the code cleared. It went away for about 100 miles and then came back. I also had some strange codes when I pulled them.
DTC P0740 TCC Enable Solenoid Circuit Electrical
DTC P1860 TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical

So would the transmission speed sensor cause these? i dont even know where it is and my truck is a 4wd so there a little more **** going on under there and i cant find it. There is NO SES light just the brake system.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is strange man, when i broke the output shafts on mine the Parking brake and ABS light came on... so it seems to me the pcm isnt getting what it wants.
and like you said on the VSS, once you cleaned it or what not it worked.

but with the codes about the TCC solenoid, seems like it is acting up??
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a broken wire or loose connector in the harness to the trans?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Launching!

I got something similar to this when I used a 2002 calibration on my 2000 model truck. Do you still have the 2000 program? May check it out.....hope you get her cured!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
that is strange man, when i broke the output shafts on mine the Parking brake and ABS light came on... so it seems to me the pcm isnt getting what it wants.
and like you said on the VSS, once you cleaned it or what not it worked.

but with the codes about the TCC solenoid, seems like it is acting up??
Everything seems to be working as normal

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Maybe a broken wire or loose connector in the harness to the trans?
Looked around and didn't see anything weird or rubbing.

Originally Posted by carfreak07
I got something similar to this when I used a 2002 calibration on my 2000 model truck. Do you still have the 2000 program? May check it out.....hope you get her cured!

I did upgrade to an 02+ operating system you think it could be tune related?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

What was the code for the ABS? IIRC is something like ABS relay control circuit that sets. The 99's were plagued with bad EBCMs, electronic brake control modules. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago for the exact same reason. Without warning one day the ABS pump motor started running and wouldn't shut off until I pulled the big Maxi fuse. Got a used module from an 02 at the salvage yard and all is good again. Had to reset the tire size in the module though but no need to program it.

As for the trans codes it sounds like you need a transgo HD2 shift kit. Does your torque converter randomly lock and unlock on its own? Mine did only I had no codes and I pulled the valve body off and sure enough the PWM valve had enough wear in the bore is was loosing pressure and unlocking the converter.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oldred95
What was the code for the ABS? IIRC is something like ABS relay control circuit that sets. The 99's were plagued with bad EBCMs, electronic brake control modules. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago for the exact same reason. Without warning one day the ABS pump motor started running and wouldn't shut off until I pulled the big Maxi fuse. Got a used module from an 02 at the salvage yard and all is good again. Had to reset the tire size in the module though but no need to program it.

As for the trans codes it sounds like you need a transgo HD2 shift kit. Does your torque converter randomly lock and unlock on its own? Mine did only I had no codes and I pulled the valve body off and sure enough the PWM valve had enough wear in the bore is was loosing pressure and unlocking the converter.

Thanks for the info. Yes the trans is getting tired I cant feel the converter locking and unlocking randomly but it does have 140K on the old 4l60E 30 of those behind the new 6.0. Not sure if i should do the shift kit it might be time for an FLT soon anyway.