GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Action Required - Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Action Required - Gas Prices

Found this on another forum. We can make a difference:

It would be kinda kool if everyone would do this, and then the companies would maybe think twice before makeing gas prices so damn high,LOL
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR behind " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Old 05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And when they raise the price .05 that day, they will make up for it the next day. We need to do more than just not buy gas for one day. I am sure that 50% of Americans can find a person to carpool with, or even take public transportation.

IMO a one day "gas out" will only make matters worse. We need to look at the government for help....Oh wait, the oil companies own the US Government, forget that idea.

I think being more fuel efficient is a better slap in the face to the oil companies. This will have a long term effect that will show them that it can be done. Not a tree hugger here, just an aware American that is tired of the oil companies STEALING from me.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:37 PM

IMO, not buying gas for one day won't work because most people will buy gas either the day before or the day after the "don't buy gas day" and the oil companies know that, it won't hurt them. What we do is stop buying gas from just one company, let's say Shell. If no one bought gas from Shell, they wouldn't make any money and they would have a huge surplus. They would have to lower their prices to sell their product and to be competative with Shell, the oil companies would have to lower theirs as well. Just a thought, every one boycott Shell gas.
Jim
Old 05-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
IMO, not buying gas for one day won't work because most people will buy gas either the day before or the day after the "don't buy gas day" and the oil companies know that, it won't hurt them. What we do is stop buying gas from just one company, let's say Shell. If no one bought gas from Shell, they wouldn't make any money and they would have a huge surplus. They would have to lower their prices to sell their product and to be competative with Shell, the oil companies would have to lower theirs as well. Just a thought, every one boycott Shell gas.
Jim
I have to agree, a one day "gas-out" will not do anything for us. I can see how if we stop buying gas from one company all together, it can. Getting people to buy into that idea would be another story. I think that what we should do is learn to conserve gas more. Try riding your bike if you are not going very far. I do.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:26 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
And when they raise the price .05 that day, they will make up for it the next day. We need to do more than just not buy gas for one day. I am sure that 50% of Americans can find a person to carpool with, or even take public transportation.

IMO a one day "gas out" will only make matters worse. We need to look at the government for help....Oh wait, the oil companies own the US Government, forget that idea.

I think being more fuel efficient is a better slap in the face to the oil companies. This will have a long term effect that will show them that it can be done. Not a tree hugger here, just an aware American that is tired of the oil companies STEALING from me.
Well said!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
Jim
I have seen chain e-mails about this and I've even posted it up on the boards. But for some reason there's always some damn moron who "thinks" it won't work because all the oil comes from the same place or something like that.
If everyone in their neighborhood all across the country just stopped buying gasoline from a certain gas station, I think it would have an effect, but there are those skeptics who won't have it, it's like they ENJOY paying high gas prices. You can go on and on about how gas prices are the same as they were 10 years ago (inflation adjusted) and how boycotting a certain company won't do it.
Bottom line is what Blownchevy said, if we come together as a group, like we should, we can show the oil companies who is the real boss here...THE CONSUMERS!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chingon
I have seen chain e-mails about this and I've even posted it up on the boards. But for some reason there's always some damn moron who "thinks" it won't work because all the oil comes from the same place or something like that.
If everyone in their neighborhood all across the country just stopped buying gasoline from a certain gas station, I think it would have an effect, but there are those skeptics who won't have it, it's like they ENJOY paying high gas prices. You can go on and on about how gas prices are the same as they were 10 years ago (inflation adjusted) and how boycotting a certain company won't do it.
Bottom line is what Blownchevy said, if we come together as a group, like we should, we can show the oil companies who is the real boss here...THE CONSUMERS!
That I think is the best thing we can do right now. I would gladly stop buying gas from a certain company.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Launching!

yeah im sorry but this is moronic, it will accomplish nothing, im prety sure something like this was brought up a few monthes ago on this board. There are many reasons why gas has sky rocketed in price, generally the large companies are not actually the ones to blame, they infact do not make much of a profit on each gallon of gasoline they sell. If you californians want to blame someone blame the hippie tree huggers that made it state law to have that special blend of gasoline that you require so few refineries are able to produce it that it makes your gas extremely expensive. Another thing that most people dont realize is that China is playing a large role in this, inadvertantly. They are growing at a phenomenol rate and as they grow they require more and more crude oil, thus opec has been supplying them with more and us with less to even it out, remember they do have over 1 billion people. I think higher gas prices are just something we are going to have to live with.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:12 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by snub
blah blah....If you californians want to blame someone blame the hippie tree huggers that made it state law to have that special blend of gasoline that you require so few refineries are able to produce it that it makes your gas extremely expensive....blah blah
The "Governator" is already on top of what you're saying, he's trying to get rid of that law so that we have lower gas prices.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03blackburb
Found this on another forum. We can make a difference:

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

Yep, guess who will be paying back the 4.6 billion!!!! WE WILL!!! Shame on who ever thought of this. what a waste of time.

Quick Reply: Action Required - Gas Prices