Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just start hi-jacking the tanker trucks I saw.. show them whos boss
Old 05-13-2004, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Start buying gas from the little boys, like Marathon. They dont import oil. Shell and other big boys get it from the Iraq area. If we start buying from Marathon and such, then Shell will have to lower their prices. Plus, id rather buy American oil than Middle East oil.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Teching In

There was a list I've seen circling on the net tthat listed what companies bought from the Middle East and who didn't.

ANyone seen that?
Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lastSS
I would gladly stop buying gas from a certain company.
I remember gettin another email with the same topic but different goal. It wasnt to stop buying gas a certain day, but rather only buying gas from certain gas stations that wernt tied into the Big boys, so the big boys dont get the money and have to lower prices to compete, I would go for something like that.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by snub
yeah im sorry but this is moronic, it will accomplish nothing, im prety sure something like this was brought up a few monthes ago on this board. There are many reasons why gas has sky rocketed in price, generally the large companies are not actually the ones to blame, they infact do not make much of a profit on each gallon of gasoline they sell. If you californians want to blame someone blame the hippie tree huggers that made it state law to have that special blend of gasoline that you require so few refineries are able to produce it that it makes your gas extremely expensive. Another thing that most people dont realize is that China is playing a large role in this, inadvertantly. They are growing at a phenomenol rate and as they grow they require more and more crude oil, thus opec has been supplying them with more and us with less to even it out, remember they do have over 1 billion people. I think higher gas prices are just something we are going to have to live with.
That is partially true, Venezuela supplies 90% of our crude and without us importing goods to them they slow down the process of us getting more crude oil. I don't see what the big deal is when the government says we are going to run out of oil by such and such date, b/c the honest truth is that we are not and if we keep recycling our used oil like we are suppose to then would not be a big *** problem! BUT, the government wants you to believe that Iraq is supplying our oil so they can stay there fighting for nothing, and they know we will continue to pay higher prices and can do nothing about it. this little "don't buy gas" plan may work, but eventually we will end up paying big for it! As for you guys in Cali, man I feel bad for ya'll...I thought $1.96 is high!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black5.3
I thought $1.96 is high!
If it was 1.96 I would be HAPPY!
Old 05-19-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

my dad is 70 years old. today he was tellin me how gas used to be 17 cents a gallon....good game i wish i had some of that right about now..
Old 05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES believed chain emails.......[fill in the blank]