Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Adding power windows/locks and keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding power windows/locks and keyless entry

Who has done this to a base model silverado. I am in the market for one that doesnt have power. Would like to know if any of you guys have added this and how much $$$$ it cost.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lot off work,dash wiring is differant!but they make an aftermarket set up!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:01 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started with a base model Sierra SL. So far, I have a Viper alarm that was installed w/ door lock actuators, so I have keyless entry but I don't have a button-controlled power lock system.

I bought a SPAL power window kit and pw/pdl door panels from a non-base model truck. Luckily, the "power" panels fit over the non-power regulator shaft that the crank attaches too--it has to stay in place for the aftermarket window kit to work. I'm going to have the windows wired up to the factory pw switch, and the lock actuators to the factory pdl switches.

I have too many projects going on at one time, but this one should be completed very shortly. I have all the parts I need, just have to get the time to take the truck to my buddy to get everything installed.

BTW--you would really need to find a pw/pdl truck in a junkyard and pull a LOT of stuff off of it. I don't know that it's worth the time or money you'd invest. Mine will look and function like factory, just with different electronics. Plus, I'm going to add a windows module to my alarm so I can roll them up and down w/ the keyfob.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

The locks are like $15 bucks for two. The window kit is not too much more then $100 for two windows. However the price of window switches can make it much higher.

You can do a search on google.com for retailers that have them.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Default pw-pl

Originally Posted by johnboy
Who has done this to a base model silverado. I am in the market for one that doesnt have power. Would like to know if any of you guys have added this and how much $$$$ it cost.

Thanks ahead of time.
My base had pl but no remote. Added pw from Spal, 75 $ shipped off ebay. It took a total of three hours to install. Next added alarm and now have keyless entry and alarm on one remote. Alarm was interfaced with factory BCM. Total cost was 200$. Windows were hard wired to ignition on. The only difference is there is no RAP,reserve acessary power, no big deal to me. You can go back to BCM and try to figure out where RAP terminal is but not worth it in my book. As for pw switches, I used swicthes that came with Spal unit and mounted them on door pad over window crank shaft. I even added power seats from Tahoe and wired them direct to fuse box with separate relays and fuses. Same with fog lights. Dont let these new trucks confess you. You can add all the same acessaries that you could on older trucks as long as you use separate relays and fuses. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Does anyone have pictures of this done, aftermarket not stock. I mean pics of the actual install would be great but I am actually talking about just pics of the finished product (switches and door panels).

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Teching In

I don't have digital pictures of the Spal kit I put on my S-10 years ago. But it will have a cap that will cover the spline that the crank used to sit on. Mount your switches in where the factory ones go. On my S-10 I angled them a bit, but it was a show truck.