Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

all loaded up and ready for drag week

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
i can't run nine's i am not legal for that.
Please tell me that on your last run, you'll go all out. At that point what can they do? It would be your last run anyway. Good luck
Old 09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8

geek has this cool tracker on his truck wich will be following us. check it out >> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?kc0mth-14
okay, that is just badass! Looks like he had to park out in BFE. Did he hide the truck in the woods!?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Jim,

Watch out for a 69 corvette white with blue stripes and a Ligenfelter (spelling) vette with a big shot of nitrous. The white one is faster and his name is Steve from Tolono Illinois (Hes the guy that builds transmission for a living and does a damn good job). The other is from Saint Charles and ownes the fast EX cab 2wd procharged silverado. Both are really cool guys and Ive been informing them on your truck
Old 09-12-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Jim,

Watch out for a 69 corvette white with blue stripes and a Ligenfelter (spelling) vette with a big shot of nitrous. The white one is faster and his name is Steve from Tolono Illinois (Hes the guy that builds transmission for a living and does a damn good job). The other is from Saint Charles and ownes the fast EX cab 2wd procharged silverado. Both are really cool guys and Ive been informing them on your truck

Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why are 2 posted??
Old 09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

What time will they be starting at Gateway tomorrow ?

good luck , would love to see your truck run .
Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see some updates
Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

ok here are a few quick updates parish broke his record with a 10.13@135
He does not want to bust a nine just yet! Its still the first day!! I will say that this whole drag week thing IS FING COOL!!!

There were a few 8.5 second cars but they are all in the BB poweradder class. there are only two cars that Jim needs to worry about one is that chevy 2 wagon with the strait 6 and a big *** turbo. He was at the pump gas drags! Today he only made one pass and hit a mid to low 9 at like a 145mph We need for this guy to break! And the other car jim needs to keep his eye on is Justin Bruschman (sp) Worlds fastest O5 mustang! he hit a 10.6 today with only one pass. Word is that car has more in it too.

Things are looking good!!

Kyle has vid !! of the tech day I will link it
http://www.1320video.com/download.ph...WeekSunday.wmv
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saaaaaawwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttttttt!!!!!!!
Keep it up jim but be careful!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woohoo, had a good day, tired though, this is going to be a long week. good thing for all this help i brought along.

racing starts at 9am tomorrow. so far the truck is doing well, no problems at all and we are geting around 12mpg with the trailer behind, thats prety decent if you ask me.

they kept my slip so i dont have all the numbers but it was a 10.13@135 with a 1.57 60' , felt good, strait, no wheel slip the entire run and it was a good 90deg out too

that mustang is the worlds fastest 05 mustang with a "mod" motor, i think. someone told me the other one that runs nines has a 5.0 in it. i really dont know, just repeating what i am told. that car is only leagal for 10.0's just like me so with a starting day number of 10.6 he isn't in a great spot to catch me.

i am going to just try and cut times in the 10.0 or 10.1 range, play my own game and see how things work out in the end. everyone here loves the truck and everyone we have met is insanely nice.

the prize package for my "small block power adder" class kicks ***, i hope that strait 6 wagon pulls out for some reason.

you get the latest acell stand alone$$$$$$$
20 gallons of 118
comp cams jacket
hot rod jacket
mds 6 box
maybe some other stuff

this deal is practicly free. it cost $150 to enter but you get up to 15lb's of nitrous a day for free, they fed us once and i think will be doing it again on friday, i got 2 t shirts and a nitrous bottle cover and if we somehow pull of the win for our class i will end up money ahead. prety cool deal.

Quick Reply: all loaded up and ready for drag week