0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

All-Season Tires Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow All-Season Tires Opinions

I'm looking to replace the set of tires I have on my 17's. These tires will be mainly used during winter/fall or potentially all season if I sell my 20's. The size I'm looking at is 245/65/r17. I'm looking at about six different tires.
1. Hankook Ventus RH06 (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=245)
2. Michelin Latitude Tour (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes)
3. Toyo Open Country H/T (http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-ht)
4. Michelin LTX M/S (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=245)
5. General Grabber HTS (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes)
6. Hankook Dynapro HP (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes)
I was just wondering if anyone has anyexperience with these tires. I'm leaning toward 1,2 or 3. I don't want a tire that has noby tread but I don't want a straight up performance tire because it snows here in Ohio. Fill free to voice your opinions.

Last edited by SilverDog; 08-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
apple bottom jeans

I have goodyear duelers a/ts' and they are a great tire. have lasted about 2 years of driving(maybe 75K km...50 miles?) and are great in snow, dirt, are quiet, and have a cool looking tread, and as far as I remember weren't terribly expensive.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverDog
I'm looking to replace the set of tires I have on my 17's. These tires will be mainly used during winter/fall or potentially all season if I sell my 20's. The size I'm looking at is 245/65/r17. I'm looking at about six different tires.

2. Michelin Latitude Tour

4. Michelin LTX M/S

5. General Grabber HTS

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these tires. I'm leaning toward 1,2 or 3. I don't want a tire that has noby tread but I don't want a straight up performance tire because it snows here in Ohio. Feel free to voice your opinions.
I have the Grabber HTS, but in a 16". I punched it goin straight @ ~25-30mph in rain to see if I'd get sideways. They hooked & went. I was impressed.:nunchuk1: We'll see how they are in ice & snow this winter. Find my thread on tires about a month or 2 ago for more details.

Ever thought of Goodyear Triple Treads? They're top rated too. I'd go w/. either of these two, or #2 or #4. Post up what u go w/.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I had the michelin ltx's on my truck then recently installed some latitute tours. The tours are greatly smoother, quieter and balance better, however they're a little softer through the curves. You can run 44psi in the tours and only 35 in the ltx's.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

my truck isn't driven in the snow so I can't comment on traction. heavy rain though the tours still don't hydroplane
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by larsy87
I have goodyear duelers a/ts' and they are a great tire. have lasted about 2 years of driving(maybe 75K km...50 miles?) and are great in snow, dirt, are quiet, and have a cool looking tread, and as far as I remember weren't terribly expensive.
^You mean Bridgestone Duelers?^

I read your thread fastnblu. It was very useful. I thought about the Goodyear Triple Tred (I know they are rated good) but I'm not a fan of the thread design and the last pair of Goodyears I had were crap (Wranglers).

HirdleJ I knew you used Michelins, just didn't know which version. I have heard about the Latitude Tours being soft in the side walls. What size are your tires?

Thanks everyone, keep the opinions coming.

Last edited by SilverDog; 08-26-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

For years, I had the michelin LTX's and had great results..Mud, snow, and rain. Plus, they wear very well.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

The latitutdes and ltx's I had are the same size. I always run a 255-70-16
Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverDog
^You mean Bridgestone Duelers?^

I read your thread fastnblu. It was very useful. I thought about the Goodyear Triple Tread (I know they are rated good) but I'm not a fan of the thread design and the last pair of Goodyears I had were crap (Wranglers).
Ya, the Goodyear TT tread isn't fancy, but many swear by them. Don't confuse Wranglers to Fortera TT. You could tell people your truck has Kevlar in it!

That is about a fair comparison as my original OEM General Americraps to my new & significantly better Grabbers. I gave General a 2nd chance. TireRack makes sure you're satified whether Grabbers or TT's or whatever... or get other brands if they don't fit your needs.

Actually if I didn't drive in foul weather, I woulda tried some General UHP's.

Hirdle J, how do either set of Michelins hook in dry or wet?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

I picked up the HTS for a very comfortable price. I'm very pleased w/ them at the moment. Haven't had much rain down here so hydroplaning hasn't been an issue. As far as dry trac goes they hold up pretty damn good. I've got the 275/60/17 though. I did notice the ride to more comfortable than the Ameritracs.

Just yesterday some dumbass thought it would be easy for him to stop just shy of the off ramp due to heavy traffic in the lane he was aiming for (right turn lane). AT 55mph I thought I was going to rearend him hard. Skidded for a few feet and came to a stop a few feet from him. My breaks have been asking to be replaced so I know the tires had some aid in stopping.

Quick Reply: All-Season Tires Opinions