Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

any burn out contest sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 10:02 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any burn out contest sugestions?

i am signing up for a burn out contest is a few weeks. i will be using 2 new firestones, 265/75/16 at's. i know from experience that they make prety good smoke just frying them on dry pavement.

my question is are there any proven ways to improve the show. i have had a few people say bleach will make alot more smoke and then others say it just makes the smoke more white. someone sugested oil. does any one know for sure what works and what doesn't?
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bleach does make a lot more smoke. i have seen a track down here use it in the burn out box and cars will smoke a lot more than when they don't use it. either way, whiter or more smoke, you can't go wrong with a 98 cent bottle of bleach. also, go at it till one or both tires pop. crowds love it when you pop the tires. just dont' harm the motor doing it....good luck. look forward to seeing a digi pic of the trophy
Old 06-13-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i have heard from lots of peeps that bleach creates more smoke.....never tried it, so i dont know for sure.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Bleach makes a LOT more billowing smoke, but is a lot whiter than nothing at all. People will notice you used bleach, but when they hear the 747, they will forget about every car but yours

Old 06-13-2004, 02:35 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

just dont rev it to hard one thing burnout contest crowds like is when people blow up theyre motor doing it i hope you dont win like that!
Old 06-13-2004, 04:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ya..i have seen a lot of blown motors in burn out contests... but i don't think it will be a problem if your cautious
Old 06-13-2004, 05:12 AM
TECH Junkie

I did one burn out contest about 5 years ago. I used a cup of bleach and poured it over the top of both tires. I did it in my old 94' S10 5 speed with a peg leg and Mastercraft tires. The passanger tire didnt pop, but it did catch on fire! It was some hot ****.

Just keep it in first gear at about 4500-5000rpms for the crowd to hear, and dont let off. You can feel the tires start to melt. It starts spinning easier and easier. Like your on wet clay.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:04 AM
single digit dreamer

i wont blow the motor, i will keep the rpms down under 5k and just let spin. btw, that will be about 80mph. keeping an eye on coolant and tranny temps.

i could mess up the body if/when one of the tires come apart but that is a risk i will take for the fun. sounds like bleach is the way to go. if they let me move i think i will rip it down the track after a minute or so of smoking in place. thats a question i guess, smoke them down the track or sit in place FOREVER.

there is a good chance i wont win this thing. there is a guy talking about seting the line lock and the cruze and geting out of his car while it is smoking the tires. wash the windows or something like that. he has a prety good plan. he it going to leave a guy in the back seat ready to kick it out of gear and pull the e brake incase something gets nuts. that would be prety nuts.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:23 AM
12 Second Truck Club

DO NOT LET YOUR TIRE POP!

Or go so far that you get down to the threads. Seriously. My buddy did that with 2 crap tires on his Formula and when he exposed the threads they broke and the threads kept whipping the fenderwell and scratched the **** out of it.

Also, unless you have a line lock you are gonna get some serious glow coming from your rear rotors and they may end up needing to be replaced. I have a video that has footage of my buddy doing that burnout and at night you can totally see his ORANGE rotors

Fire wouldn't be too bad since you car a fire extinguisher. Smart move BTW. I learned my lesson last monday night when mine caught fire
Old 06-13-2004, 11:33 AM
single digit dreamer

they have fire extinguishers all over at the track and i am geting line lock. not sure if there will be any problems with line lock and the antilocks though. this may not be the last burn out i want to do so i figured i would get the line lock and save my rear rotors.

Quick Reply: any burn out contest sugestions?