Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Anyone else have 06

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 05:57 AM
In the 12's??????

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks really good, Have you done anything else to it yet?

Still have 3 more weeks before I get mine.

Later,
Jesse
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GMJim
I'll be picking up my ECSB Silverado Blue Granite Metalic Vortec Max with 20" wheels on Monday Oct.31. Can't wait.
Jim

Did you get it?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Nothing done yet. Hopefully christmas = wheels or a drop kit
Old 11-20-2005, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Default on order

Ive got one on order also. A good friend of mine has a rcsb dodge with that famous motor in it. As soon as my new truck arrives, I have to do whatever it takes to make sure I can take him.parts will be waiting.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

my 06 is on the way now. pick it up the 23rd. CCSB with the max package.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I am betting its a 4x4,keep us posted
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

I just ordered mine today. I got an extended cab standard box 4x4 with LT3 trim and the Vortec MAX package.

I got Victory Red with Medium Grey leather interior. LT3 includes the Bose 7 speaker system with 6 disc in dash changer.

I am very excited, but it won't be here for six weeks. Hopefully the closure of the Lansing, Michigan plant will not delay delivery.

The only other options I bought were the skid plate package and spare tire lock.

I guess I will have to change my user name, since I am going to sell my restored '83.

You can check out my '83 here:

myweb.cableone.net/m-t-w/83chevy/

Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
In the 12's??????

Found out today I might not be getting my truck until the end of february to the begining of March due to the recent problems GM is having with the closing of plants and the layoff of many employees.
That really sucked to hear that.
I still want the truck I ordered back on the 27th of October, so it looks like I'll just have to wait.
I really hope that they can resolve problems within the company, and not close down shop and layoff all the employees.
Just think, It's not just me that'll be waiting, Everyone who wants an 06, or ordered on will just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Jesse
Old 11-22-2005, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Whoo Hooo! Got my ECSB two wheel drive Silverado Vortec Max 6.0 Blue Granite Metalic with Dk Gray cloth (didn't want leather) on Thursday the 17th. I knew the fleet manager at the dealer and he suggested I wait to see if there were going to be any incentives. Well he was right! I got $500.00 free gas from a big oil company and they have a ring and win deal going on with OnStar where you push the OnStar button in a showroom car and it randomly chooses a prize anywhere from $500.00 to winning the car/truck. I won $600.00. A little disapointed I didn't win more but $600 is good! I put the black step tubes on it and it looks great. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Jesse
I ordered my truck October 7th. and it was built on Oct 24th. because my buddy at the dealer ordered it as a Inventory order rather than a customer order it took two weeks to be delivered to the dealer on Nov. 10th. Customer orders get delivered asap. I waited until Nov. 17th. but it was quick even if you add the two weeks. I'm told that the GM plant closures and layoffs don't affect trucks directly. The Oshawa Ont. truck plant is working Sundays to try and keep up so unless they close a US truck plant you shouldn't have to wait too long.
Jim

Last edited by GMJim; 11-22-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:23 PM
In the 12's??????

GMJim, thanks for the being the only one on the thread to read that I had a problem and reply to it,
I actually went down to the dealer last wednesday after I heard about the problems with gm, and the situation with my truck build.
I told them if they didnt find me a truck, I wanted my deposit back and I would go right down to the Dodge dealer and get a truck from them and drive away with it in a day or two.
That got them dead set on finding me a truck, so they widened (sp?) there search and found me a similar truck in N.H.
Its basically the same minus the color and the gearing.... but I did walk away knowing its got the LT package not the LS for about the same price I was gonna get the original for.
I told them If they got this truck for me I wanted them to put in a sliding rear window, colormatch the handles (summit white) all around, and change the gearing from its 3.23's , to 4.10's
They told me it would all get done once they got the truck in.
I guess they figured if it would make me happy, and make them money without losing my sale they would do it.
If all goes well, the dealer in N.H. will get the request on monday, and I could have the truck in a week from then at the latest.