Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Anyone have issues with Thunder Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part owner was Geoff, they split and Geoff started his own company! He is good
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

I have heard thay are top notch and some of the best in the country, when they wanna be... I am surely not one to bash especially when i dont have a reason too, And i prefer TSP, but i know locally alot of guys have said if Thunder did not build it, or you did spend some serious dough with them..then expect the "you are wasting my time" treatment. Not personal experience, but just heard that from alot F-body guys around.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:03 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had direct (in person) dealings with them and will def use them again...

They are a sponsor on tech,have you posted there yet???
Old 02-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been buying from them since 2001, never had a problem. I did have similar issues when I bought my D1sc kit from another place though.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by andrew383
Ive had direct (in person) dealings with them and will def use them again...

They are a sponsor on tech,have you posted there yet???
No I have not. I have a call in now. I'm hoping to hear back today. If I don't get somewhere soon, i'll be looking for other ways to get what I want.

I have ordered from them before with no issues as well. I'm a very understanding person. If theres a problem, tell me! Don't beat around the bush or worse yet ignore the customer in some cases.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Wow you are a very patient guy!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 AM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by sprayedsilss
No I have not. I have a call in now. I'm hoping to hear back today. If I don't get somewhere soon, i'll be looking for other ways to get what I want.

I have ordered from them before with no issues as well. I'm a very understanding person. If theres a problem, tell me! Don't beat around the bush or worse yet ignore the customer in some cases.
Sounds like your talking to several people and there not passing info along..
Have you talked to Shane??
Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprayedsilss
I'm wishing I would have never done business with them.
I feel the same way, I ordered a cam package (cam, pushrods, springs, retainers, locks, and seals) back in November. They charged my credit card either the day I ordered, or day after, can't remember, either way illegal to do until the order has shipped. After a week of not hearing anything I call them up, they say the cam was supposed to have come in the day before from Comp and it didn't so they are expecting it the next week. At this point I tell them they shouldn't have charged my credit card, they said they know and they apologize, and that it was a computer error and I was charged because the system said the cam was on an incoming shipment. I say bs and remind them it's illegal. Week goes by no word, I call back, still hasn't shipped, apparently the order my cam was in got screwed up by shipper and went back to Comp, they say next week it will go out. This continues until my cam and push rods show up 25 days after my credit card was charged. No springs! I call TR ask where my springs are. They say that they get Shipped direct from Patriot to me and that they are on the way. I asked why they didn't have them shipped when I originally placed my order, and when my card was charged, they have no answer. I was pretty frustrated at this point, was considering shipping back what I had already gotten and demanding my money back. On their website I see the cam package is now on sale, about $50 less that what I paid, I call them up and tell them to give me the sale price because I still don't have my full package yet, and that I want to be reimbursed for the shipping and handling too (about $35). They say no prob on the sale price, and they will have to ask on the s+h, and that they will call back with an answer on that. Springs show up 31 days after my card was charged, 15 of the retainers are matching 1 is different. WTF! I call Patriot, they apologize and say they will ship one UPS ground next day. I tell them I'll call TR and have them pay for it to be over nighted, figure they owe it to me at this point. Guy from Patriot says, it was Patriot's fault so he will overnight it. He did overnight, it but not until a week later! In the mean time still no word from TR about getting my s+h back, check the statement for my card, no reimbursement for the sale price, either. I call TR again, they say I have already credited my card for the sale price, and that he will ask again about s+h. Don't hear back, check my statement, no money back for sale price or s+h. Called back once or twice never had any luck. Horrible customer service, never credited me the difference on the sale price, and never heard anything more then "I'll ask my boss" in regards to s+h. I will never do business with them again, wouldn't recommend them to anyone either.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
9 Second Truck Club

My buddy has been waiting on springs for almost a month also.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by andrew383
Sounds like your talking to several people and there not passing info along..
Have you talked to Shane??
I believe that is some of the problem. I have been talking to several people.

Update on this as of today... I recieved a phone call from what I understand is the owner. They were very appoligetic and told me it is now being shipped out today and I will recieve the tracking number before the end of the business day. Well there day has now came and went and no tracking number. The is also the third different day now they told me it would ship. My phone converstation with them tomorrow will be an interesting one if they don't have any new info for me.

Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with Thunder Racing?