Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Anyone have issues with Thunder Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow on the patience in this thread. I would have cancelled after the second run around and just gone somewhere else myself. I have enough trouble ordering equipment through work that has ground my patience to nothing when it comes to my personal life. People just don't give a damn about anything ( customer service is nonexistent in their life dictionary) and don't do anymore than they absolutely have too. But excuses and passing the buck are so "easy", I mean who would ever want to admit fault.

Considering I am in Canada and have a bunch of stuff to order myself which always sucks with the border, I won't be dealing with this outfit anytime in my lifetime.

Good read!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

called today... Estimated ship from Thunder - 3 business days. I should get it by 2/10.

That will be 10 weeks from the time I saw the full charge hit. 70 days.
Again, I was told when I ordered that it would be 2 weeks.

Buyers Beware.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

I called Thunder this morning since Angie said she'd contact me with tracking # and she had not. Got John on the phone and he said it was delivered this morning... "so you're only waiting on your pushrods".
At least he expects them to ship out tomorrow. MAYBE I can get this **** installed this weekend.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

update...
I received the cam 2/8/12 like John had said. Pushrods came the following Friday 2/10. Cam Dr. Report was provided as promised.

I got everything installed that weekend.

I am very displeased with the Thunder Racing customer service as well as the delivery times. Had I been told it would take 2 months to get a cam, I would have taken my business elsewhere. I was told 2 weeks and expected 2 weeks. The only reason I believe I received my package as soon as I did is because I raised so much hell with Angie over the phone. Even then, their attitude changed very little. I received (what I believe to be) blatant lies, excuses, and tales of vendor hardships from Angie. There are constant 'phone problems', 'computer problems', and problems with receiving goods or information from vendors.

I also do not believe that I am the only one that has had this experience. When I could not receive any answer or email from anyone at Thunder Racing, I left a message on their facebook page. I was one of many there who were wondering where their order was. One gentleman had been waiting since September. ALL of those posts have since been deleted. The latest post, other than the one I left earlier today, was December 7th on a photo of their Christmas tree.

Thunder Racing customer service is a joke. John and Gene are courteous and as helpful as they can be (even though John never answers the phone with his name, usually just 'hello'), but every time I needed an answer about my order, I was directed to the 'Boss Lady', Angie.

I will never do business with Thunder Racing again and could never suggest that anyone else bother. I have never had such a headache nor been given more run around with any company since I began ordering motocross parts online and by phone in 1995.

Last edited by spent21; 02-20-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

There are plenty of other companies out there that offer top notch products at affordable prices and stand on their word without constant excuses. Those companies provide a comfort that comes from dealing with professionals unlike the never ending and increasing pucker factor that comes when you feel like you're about to take a big meaty one in the shorts.

Sorry for the multiple post. I just couldn't bring myself to include 'top notch', 'stand on their word' and 'professionals' in the same post with TR name.

Last edited by spent21; 02-20-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed orders for a shelf grind, true torque level 5 cam twice. I asked on both occasions if they had them in stock and was lied too, the last time I asked them to go physically put there hands on the product since the excuse last time was that the computer inventory was off lmao !!! This type of behavior is very poor business and the lies of how long it takes for a custom grind are just silly. Hell i sent cams back and had them ground smaller or repaired in 1 week. If comp can repair and ship back to alaska in 1 week, what is there excuse
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys!! Good to know...
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few weeks ago i ordered a set of cometic head gaskets from thunder racing. When they failed to arrive the next week i called and asked what the deal was. They said, "they should ship by the end of the week." I'm like WTF? A week later i call wondering where they are, and they said they'll be shipped that day and I'd receive a tracking number. I asked if he was 100% sure, and he said yes. At that point i was pretty pissed. I called again yesterday(another week later), and they said they had LOST MY ******* ORDER. So i got a refund and bought them from ws6store. Never in my life have i gotten so much bullshit run-around and ball-face lies from a company. Needless to say, I'll never be doing business with them again. Even the refund took over 24 hours and 3 phone calls. On the 3rd phone call he told me the paypal refund had been submitted the day before. 3 minutes after we got off the phone i received the refund......lying sack of ****.

So yea. Long story short, **** thunder racing and their incredible ability to waste my ******* time and money. Now it's no wonder at all why they're going out of business. The sooner, the better.

Last edited by rumblebox; 08-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tuner is the only guy at Thunder worth his ****. The counter crew is a nightmare to deal with and the reason I buy from EPS.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

I just heard they closed shop.
hell yeah.