Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nice_n_lo_silverado
actually rad rides by troy did the rogan car
Chip Foose designed the car. Troy built it.

Overhallin' would be better if the didn't have the pranks, and Courtney was the only host and she ran around atleast half naked.

Jesse James Worked for Byod once apon a time too.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:21 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to think that Boyd was a talented guy that was respected throughout the industry...now I think he's just a dick. I hope that I see him during a public appearance so I can get his autograph and wipe my *** with it.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought Boyd was talented too but I think he is more of a "invester". He got the money and little talent, thats probley why he got so pissed off when Foose left because Foose has got the talent and he was banking off him. Most of the parts for the vechiles are fabricated and decideded upon appearance during the show between the workers and Boyd. The thing that pisses me off about Boyd is when the car is almost complete he goes down and starts the motor then tells everyone a good job. I now consider Boyd more of a salesman and a investor than a custom car builder.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=onequick5.3]I thought Boyd was talented too but I think he is more of a "invester". He got the money and little talent, thats probley why he got so pissed off when Foose left because Foose has got the talent and he was banking off him. Most of the parts for the vechiles are fabricated and decideded upon appearance during the show between the workers and Boyd.

boyd does have talent/does know his ****.he has been in the game building cars before he got this big,but went bankrupt and had to start over.he is still an ******* or atleast thats what his show makes him look like.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

While most of these comments are true, do not forget who Boyd is.

He has built so many awsome cars, and helped turn this hobby into an industry. He is immensly talented and should be given his due respect from us.

That being said, the TV show makes him look like a total putz. I would never buy anything of his, be it parts or a whole car. Not my style.

Also, blue bear is neither talented, nor knowledgeable, from what ive seen him do on that show. H-A-C-K.

On the other hand, Ive had Foose wheels and ive met Chip. Seems like a decent guy.

Overhaulin' gets on my nerves whenever they do that 'schtick'. I could care less about tricking the car owners. How come they dont get this?